Seat Tensioner BROKE HELP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat Tensioner BROKE HELP.

Hey.. I noticed my back starting to hert while driving the other day. I reach over to turn that knob on the armrest so that the seat can be like not hard. Seems to be a cusion thing that comes out.. and yeah I think one of my friends broke it. Im turning it and yeah its not doing a thing. Then i pull it a little and it just comes off. Looks like they broke it.

Take a look at the pics.. How can i fix it? My back of my seat is as hard as a rock and i want it soft.

Any ideas?

It's hard to tell what broke. Is the plastic knob broken? Can you just stick a pair of pliers in there and turn the metal shaft? '

That's the lumbar adjustment BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket

That's the lumbar adjustment BTW.
      oh i did not know! heh

Yeah the knob is broken... There is nothing to turn... so yeah how can i fix it?

Comment

use pliers to turn it hehehe
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

did that adjuster come with all accords? when i bought mine it didnt have one on it so i figured there was just supposed to be a cover there thats missing, weird...

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron
            did that adjuster come with all accords? when i bought mine it didnt have one on it so i figured there was just supposed to be a cover there thats missing, weird...
            I didn't know either.. Mine also has round plastic cover.
            1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
            2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
            3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
            4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
            5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

fix it yet? lol add that to the list.

Comment

My armrest goes down a click if I put pressure on it, does that happen to yours? And its position isn't adjustible, its relative to the seat angle.

Sorry to jack your thread, but I think pliers would do the trick?
                '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
                -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                -'93 AGP EX 4AT
                10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

there is this knob that u turn to make the back of the seat hard or soft. I cant theres nothing to put the plyiers on.

im gonna go look at it now..

Comment

My old 90 Accord had it but my 93 does not. I used pliers to turn it when the one on my 90 broke (remember, its NOT somewhere to hang a garbage bag).
                    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

yeah i know some kid pulled it off or kicked it my brothers friends

Comment

The lumbar adjustment was only available on the EX and SE models. In the 10-15 years since these cars were made, I'd say about 90% of the knobs have broken.
                        1 3 5
                        |-|-|
                        2 4 R

[ [ - ] ] ( ( ) ) [ [ \ ] ] [ [ ) ) / / - \ \

Comment

Working...
                        X