hit a bump now my interior rear.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hit a bump now my interior rear.....

I hit a bump in the road yesturday and my interior rear view mirror made a popping sound and now is all loose and won't stay put. I basically will just move when I upshift and any slight road vibration will just move it all around. Any thoughts on what the heck this could be before I start tearing the thing apart to figure it out?

Ive had the exact same problem ever since i had my windhsield replaced. I dont know what the problem is, but im thinking about just replacing it

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

if your talking about it coming loose from like the window then Wal-mart sell a kit to glue it back on or whatever.
      I had a similar problem when I had my subs in my trunk
      "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
      - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Duct tape and zip ties. You can never go wrong with those two items.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

lol the mirror is not mounted to the windshield. However if its all in tact but the mirror its self is lose and wont stay where you adjust it too. You can just tighten the 2 screws on the bottom. If you look at the very bottom of the mirror its got 2 holes in it just tighten them up a bit with a philips head screw driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettin_faster91
            lol the mirror is not mounted to the windshield. However if its all in tact but the mirror its self is lose and wont stay where you adjust it too. You can just tighten the 2 screws on the bottom. If you look at the very bottom of the mirror its got 2 holes in it just tighten them up a bit with a philips head screw driver.

that's what i did when my rearview rattled. just look for the 2 screw holes on the bottom/rear of the mirror. stick a phillips head in there and feel for the screw head. once it sits, tighten that mother up.

Comment

Originally posted by tanNn2koo
              that's what i did when my rearview rattled. just look for the 2 screw holes on the bottom/rear of the mirror. stick a phillips head in there and feel for the screw head. once it sits, tighten that mother up.

Thats correct but don't tighten it up to tight. I mean snug it up good but I'm not sure how tight you can get them before you strip/ break something.

Comment

THANK YOU that is the info I was needing! I was in 6 lanes of traffic when it happened too I was like WTF!

Comment

wow thats amazing my mirror has moved just all whilly nilley if i touch it glad i read this cuz i just went out and tightened those 2 screws no it doesn't move unless i make it

Bump for great info (guess you really do learn something new everyday)
                  Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                  Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                  JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

another solution.. just remove the damn thing.. LOL.

Originally posted by Devergote
                    A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by tn_accords
                      another solution.. just remove the damn thing.. LOL.

x2.. and replace it with this old school 5panel mirror.. you won't even need the side mirrors anymore..

Last edited by casterX; 02-03-2008, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettin_faster91
                        lol the mirror is not mounted to the windshield.
                        ooops.... this is what i get for never owning a cb lol

on my car it was mounted to the windshield
                        "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
                        - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Working...
                        X