Engine Banging, Jerking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Banging, Jerking

I have a swapped jdm f22b dohc and I've never gotten this car to shift smoothly 100% or even stop the engine from jerking/banging 100%. I changed all mounts when I did the swap which was roughly a year ago. I have no clutch dampener in my setup. Last week I have had someone realease my clutch for me so I can see what the hell is moving. The rear of the engine dips and it should dip but mine dipped too much. I conclude that my rear motor moiunt is bad but when I went to change it out, I saw that it was good. I have no clue why this thing still bangs and jerks like it does. Even when Im in 3rd gear, if i press the gas hard it jerks and I can hear the bang. Anyone know what this could be. My only thought is maybe Im not mounting the engine properly. When I mount the front dogbone mount, I had the engine jacked to where the mount hole was in the middle of the slip made in the bracket. Should I put the pin though the mount, let the jack go, drop engine, and then tighten up the mount?? Any suggestions are appreciated.
    FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
    Pm meX
    I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
    H22A Swap
    I'm 'THE STIG'

Is your IACV working? I know that seems completely unrelated, but that makes a HUGE difference in the smoothness of shifting. If it's not working properly, it can be very jerky. Ask almostJDM, lol.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

You make it sound like its severe enough to be mounts. Which mounts did you replace during the swap.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by CBAccordA4
        Should I put the pin though the mount, let the jack go, drop engine, and then tighten up the mount?? Any suggestions are appreciated.
        Yes.
        Regards from Oz,
        John.

Comment

Working...
        X