strange noise from brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strange noise from brakes

i swear i have a never ending problem with my brakes no matter how many times i try to fix it. like recently when i back out of my garage and hit the brake pedal the sound if something loose comes together causing a "banging" noise in the front? something sounds like it needs to be tightened but i cant figure it out?

lol im glad your sig was not an accord!...but a bang noise when brakes are applied?? .........

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

ya i know i'm confused too. it might be the master cylinder or the brake pedal mount. idk but i changed my master cylinder twice already.

Comment

broken engine mounts

check your motor mounts? how to the brakes feel? soft do you have to put the pedal to the floor. just ideas

Comment

well i have all new motor mounts, except the rear main ( which i recently checked and looked good). my brake on the other hand is pure shit in my opinion (but i'm a picky person ) my pedal has a lot of travel to start braking and is spoungy. these blows my mind too, because i have replaced the master cylinder twice. all new brake pads and rotors. all was properly bleed and adjusted, but my finally problem is my rear drums are warped. im lost right about now...

Comment

1. Check Fluid level
            2. Make sure everything is tight. (I just saw a Grand Am come in with its caliper fallen off and jammed in the wheel) The customer complained about banging then it wouldnt move and there was the situation.
            3. Rebleed.
            4. Pull rear drum cover off and check the seals that push the drum. If its wet you need to replace that.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

hhmmm... well fluid level is good, i guess ill check the calipers and see if anything has loosened up.anyone else has any advice?

Comment

SS Brake lines harden the pedal
                The old rubber lines swell under pressure
                Or buy new rubber lines

My car makes a grinding noise when I press the brake too hard
                Your man for wiring solutions!
                CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Working...
                X