No announcement yet.

Automatics unite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got an Auto F22A6 w/ H23 TB/Plenum, 3" AEM Prelude CAI, DC 421 ceramic header, Greddy Evo 2 Catback, NGK Iridium IX plugs.

now, about that p19 tcu, is it located right next to the my PT6 ecu? I've got an 93 EX so I really havn't had to swap any ECUs out. What does my current TCU shift at? so the benefits of the p19 are higher shift points, I think someone said 7800rpms? will it harm my car if i just swap that in without changing anything else? And lastly, what model car did this p19 come from?

if you could answer all that, I'd be greatful

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
      I think my tranns was replaced, were is the code at to see which it is?
      ??
      wat?

Comment

Should be a sticker on the trans casing.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          Should be a sticker on the trans casing.
          On the front?
          wat?

Comment

Originally posted by lonski
            Like the whole body shakes, it's like the engine's struggling. Even when stalled, when I shift my gear from P to R, the engine jerks, like really hard. From R to P is not as bad.
            the kick down cable runs under the car to the side of the tranny... it may be loose, if you have the manual for your car it'll help better with pics.. also this sounds like it could be a motor mount problem.. check and see if they are still intact.. have someone stand in front of the car as you but it in gear with the brake on and see if the whole motor moves.
            "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
              I've got an Auto F22A6 w/ H23 TB/Plenum, 3" AEM Prelude CAI, DC 421 ceramic header, Greddy Evo 2 Catback, NGK Iridium IX plugs.

now, about that p19 tcu, is it located right next to the my PT6 ecu? I've got an 93 EX so I really havn't had to swap any ECUs out. What does my current TCU shift at? so the benefits of the p19 are higher shift points, I think someone said 7800rpms? will it harm my car if i just swap that in without changing anything else? And lastly, what model car did this p19 come from?

if you could answer all that, I'd be greatful
              Yes it is located right next to the ecu.

Honestly i am not sure witch model that tcu came in... All i know is it was the automatic h22 prelude.
              It should not harm anything, it'll raise the cars shift point to 7200, but if you manually shift it it will allow it to go to almost 8,000
              "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                On the front?
                I should be a big white (originally) square sticker with alot of writting and whhat not.. i accidently painted over mine
                "Self Renewed"

Comment

ok call me a liar or what not but... last night a buddy of mine with a 3000 gt called me up and wanted to race and get it on video.

He and i raced before when i had the f22 5sd and he walked away from me verry fast like.

Well we raced almost A HALF A MILE 3 TIMES. 1st time my wife had the camera in my car second time =she was in his car 3rd time she was outside the car with us comming at her.

Well anyways, for some reason my car was stalling up to 3000 rpm's with no stall converter...
                  Needless to say i had my left foot on the brake hard and the gas WOT and she was whinning, but when i launched oh my god, she was launching better than ever... got me thinking that if they made a 3800 or 4000 stall converter thats what i'd be more inclined into buying.
                  the first race i forgot to maunually shift... my bad he walked from me pretty good again.
                  2nd race he gave me a fender and i manually was shifting at 7,900 rpm's and we stayed neck and neck till shifting out of second i accidently hit rev limiter. 3rd race was heads up, he was unable to do the races in a row and launch perfect all 3 races because he's a 5 spd and he peeled out as i launched with little tire spin about the quarter mile i was still in fron of him but at 91 mph when i shifted out of second it hit the rev limiter on accident and delayed the shift so he passed me and there was no catching up before the end..

like i said we do have this on video and as soon as he uploads it i will be posting it on here... but we both were verry impressed with how well the h22 auto did vs his car, because well his is down right fast. we both agree that if i hadf the shorter geared h22 tranny that i'd prolly had walked away from him... because he was getting into his power band way beofre me...

If my car does not sell, i do believe i will be doing the h23/h22 frank motor with the shorter geared h22 trans with a 4,000 stall converter and the bisi header if it ever comes out... because with that setup on the auto,, i see no reason at all that his car could even hang with it anymore.
                  but we'll see
                  Last edited by KeeleDesign; 02-03-2008, 10:57 AM.
                  "Self Renewed"

Comment

i wouldnt call you a lier. if it was a 3000GT and not the VR4 then yea. i believe you man. there have been plenty of times where i thought i was supposed to loose by an insane amount to another car but i ended up sitting neck and neck with the guy passing the line or beating him.

i raced an RSX 2 nights ago. we got to a light and i dropped it in 1st. soon as the light turned we both took off. he didnt get ALL the way on it at 1st. i think he didnt think i could keep up. lol. but once we got to about 4k, he sped up. i shifted to 2nd and stayed in my power band and stuck with him. by the end of 3rd we were still neck and neck. we slowed down because we were making a turn. but never in my life did i think i could stay with an RSX from a light.

but i know once he would have got into 4th(or 5th), his top end would have killed me. lol

Comment

well his 3000 gt stock is rated at 222 whp, and he's got some good upgrades done to her so idk... but i know he was surprised.. pretty much his car almsot stays neck and neck with a 03 Audi A4 the v6 dual turbo 1.9 so that tells me that I'd stay neck and neck as well. not bad in my opinion.. but at the end of the day,, after driving the gsx for a while i did feel like i was in slow motion racing.. lol
                      "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
                        well his 3000 gt stock is rated at 222 whp, and he's got some good upgrades done to her so idk... but i know he was surprised.. pretty much his car almsot stays neck and neck with a 03 Audi A4 the v6 dual turbo 1.9 so that tells me that I'd stay neck and neck as well. not bad in my opinion.. but at the end of the day,, after driving the gsx for a while i did feel like i was in slow motion racing.. lol

lol. well you also have to look at how heavy his car is. that thing is huge man. thats whats i always keep in mind before i race someone. they may have a weaker motor but if they're like 1000lbs lighter than me then no thanx. lol

Comment

auto right here. stock for now. but have an f20b in the process: custom pistons and rings, ACL race bearings, balanced and blueprinted crank, MAYBE knife edged crank,already have p19 tcu, and a fucked up ecu p13 auto from a member here. now that fool claims that he doesn't have any money to give back. if he's reading this, F%$K YOU!!
                          The beginning of a new era............................
                          165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                          184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
                            auto right here. stock for now. but have an f20b in the process: custom pistons and rings, ACL race bearings, balanced and blueprinted crank, MAYBE knife edged crank,already have p19 tcu, and a fucked up ecu p13 auto from a member here. now that fool claims that he doesn't have any money to give back. if he's reading this, F%$K YOU!!

well.. lol.. he deserves it if he knew he sold you shit..
                            anyways are you gona stay auto with that setup because that would just be awsome. you like the p19tcu correct?
                            "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
                              well.. lol.. he deserves it if he knew he sold you shit..
                              anyways are you gona stay auto with that setup because that would just be awsome. you like the p19tcu correct?
                              I haven't really tried it out on my car yet. but yeah, I'm gonna stay auto.
                              The beginning of a new era............................
                              165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                              184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

whats the recomended ecu. i think i read it somewhere but i cant remember what it was.

Comment

Working...
                                X