No announcement yet.

Automatics unite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found an post on the web that clarify why my sport button still function in my JDM h22A auto, not 100% sure if my TCU is an P19 or not will have to check.

"About the JDM TCU's having the Sport/Normal driving mode capabilitiy: I'm attaching a picture of the shifter knob that came with my JDM front clip. If you also have a JDM auto transmission TCU with the part # 28100-P19-003, you probably have the Sport/Normal circuit built into it. My understanding is that when you lock in the "Sport" mode, the transmission computer raises the shift points. You can utilize this circuit by using a rocker switch or toggle switch, one side of the switch is wired to TCU wire D20, the other side of the switch is wired to ground.
    90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
    < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      All it is is basically a converter that allows you to "launch" an auto at a higher rpm. Such as 3800 stall and so on.

Yep, wonder why when in gear at light you can rev higher then 2k rpm, that factory oem converter. To be able to launch or rev higher before a race in gear you need a aftermarket higher stall converter like a 2.5k rpm, 3k rpm, 3.5k....

Also if you race your auto get an aftermarket trans oil cooler, and change and flush your trans oil every 30,000 miles. Some people still have 10 years old trans oil and wonder why they are slipping.... and also re-adjust your kick -down cable over the year they have strecth a bit... a fews friendly tip to keep the auto on the road..
      90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
      < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

im auto 2. i have that problem it wont come out of park but i took the shift lock solenoid off and it works...
        clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7
        Yahoo=annamaineeak@yahoo.com

Comment

All i can say is WE NEVER MISSHIFT..
          accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
          ....................My New Baby
          SOLD TO
          ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Warning.. for some reason when i had installed my p19 tcu originally i could not move my shifter from park. i fixed this by removing the shift lock mechonism, and it works like a charm. My year accord is a 91 ex and it already came with the sport mode button.. by already having this i personally did not have to put new wiring for it, but it does allow for firmer shifts with higher rev points with the p19tcu or even the factory one.

Someone made a good point i had forgotten... if you want your tranny to last you need to get a aftermarket tranny cooler.. i got one off a gsx eclipse that i now own, lol i have mine fabed and welded braket right in the front of the car where the hole in my body kit is for max air flow and cooling. this is a must have!

A stall converter is basically a torque converter if you know what that is. it full of oil inside the tranny
            the stall basically allows you to left foot brake and right foot hold down the gas before you launch when racing .. my stock converter only allows me to rev to 1800 rpms under this load and it sucks because my launch sucks.. with a 3500 rpm stall converter it will rev that high while putting it under this load before launching and gives you a verry good edge against those 5 spd fanatics.. and as mentioned we don't misshift...

A theory is that it's bad on your tranny and solenoids to manualy shift yours trans, but i personally have not had any problems from this... the motor will go before the trans.

A h22 tranny on the f22 motor is a verry great idea for a quicker responsive car. and for the h22 the same thing goes for it.
            "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
              All i can say is WE NEVER MISSHIFT..

thats one reason i love having an auto on the highway and at stop light encounters i dont have to worry about mis-shifting. i dont even let off the gas when i shift up from D1-D2-D3-D4.

but Keels im liking that stall converter tho. the bad part about having an auto is that they're bigger than a 5spd, so its a whole lot harder to take one out plus. i think i need to get my tranny fixed anyway. for some odd reason it'll rev up like 15oo RPMs when it shifts from 2nd to 3rd i even put in the OEM honda tranny fluid to see if that would solve the problem but it didnt.

anyone know what that is?

Comment

she's slipping on ya
                "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
                  she's slipping on ya

dern. is there anything i can do to solve that? or is it just get another tranny?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                    dern. is there anything i can do to solve that? or is it just get another tranny?
                    I'd suspect she prolly has alot of life left, but not alot of life for hard racing,, and nothin i know of will fix this other than a replace... but it could also be your torque converter going out whitch would do the same thing,, you'd have to have a tranny shop tell ya.
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

im an auto too lovin it I SAY STICKY THIS THREAD

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

Originally posted by whitejdmcb7
                        im an auto too lovin it I SAY STICKY THIS THREAD
                        Welcome and share your setup
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by mr_adrenalin714
                          I'm an auto too! just thought I would check in
                          Whats your setup?
                          "Self Renewed"

Comment

f22a1 h23im short ram pt6........also sometimes my d4 light comes on and check engine light comes on after a day of driving what do u think is up also i got a h23 tranny is there any diff. between h23 and f22 auto trannies

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
                              Im AT too. Yay! Aforum i finally feel excepted in!

we all feel you!
                              "Self Renewed"

Comment

i never miss a gear in my GSR......if you know how to drive shifting should not be a problem, if you are weary of your abilities to use a clutch and shift through gears than autos kick ass.....sounds like your mitsu is a-ok right now, sooner or later you'll crankwalk that thing, and if you dont have atleast..... a Shift Kit-valve body upgrade on that car dont expect that trans to last long with even minor abuse......there not know for strong AT's. im sure if the car was a manual trans this thread would be "manual trans unite". best of luck with your bundle of joy.....but keep in mind that the flaws your car is capable of having are costworthy when the parts fail.....enjoy it while it lasts. 5speed ftmfw.
                                Last edited by 91accord4door; 02-01-2008, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X