Automatic H22a chiming in

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
    Honda Accord Euro-R
    Honda Odyssey Absolute
    Honda City I-DSi
    Honda Stream

Comment

Ok i'm 90 4Dr Ex AUTO and i love it. i should be getting my h22 motor withing the next week or so, but i've seen a few h22's with tranny for a good price.
      Now my question's are:

1.If i were to get a h22 with h22 automatic tranny how easy is it to install the h22 tranny compared to the f22?

2.If i was to get just the motor, how easy would i be to drop the h22 on the f22 tranny.

3.to be honest i rather get the h22 auto tranny with the motor. but wich tranny would be better to mod on f22/h22?

Comment

im a auto accord 2.i have a problem though.i changed the transission soloniods and after that i had my 1st and 4th gear back. but when the car drives for more than 20-25 minutes it doesnt downshift and my loads dont work.=[ bad tcu?.

if yes then im going prelude tcu

Comment

oh man i've been doing it wrong then, i thought you checked it when the tranny has been warmed up but engine off.

Comment

Originally posted by lonski
            Mine's a 91 EX auto and just a few months from surgery with her F20A (38k) heart. The first noticable change I felt after the replacement was that the car shakes when you hit the gas a bit, but when you floor it, there's no shaking. I had the motor mounts checked and they said it was fine, in fact the front one is not even a year old. Anyone?
            what type of shaking from whitch point of the car?
            "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
              im auto. people down here sleep on autos man. i just took on an RSX the other night and we stayed neck&neck til 3rd gear when i had to slow down. and that was from a stop too.

why use the p19 TCU out of the h22 prelude? better shift points? better cruise RPMs?

i just swapped an A6 into my '90 lx. i had a upper plenum from a a6 IM from a junk yard up in MD and a TB laying around. plus i got a 5spd and a a1 upper plenum. the 2 TBs im getting bored out and the upper plenums port matched, ported and polished.

i plan on pushing around 150-160hp to the crank and at least like 130-140whp. but thats before the laughing gas
              yes it allows for higher shift points, it also tells your solenoids to hold longer creating a stonger shift, love the build you have goin
              "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by street_beauty90
                Ok i'm 90 4Dr Ex AUTO and i love it. i should be getting my h22 motor withing the next week or so, but i've seen a few h22's with tranny for a good price.
                Now my question's are:

1.If i were to get a h22 with h22 automatic tranny how easy is it to install the h22 tranny compared to the f22?

2.If i was to get just the motor, how easy would i be to drop the h22 on the f22 tranny.

3.to be honest i rather get the h22 auto tranny with the motor. but wich tranny would be better to mod on f22/h22?
                ok the trannies are the same bolt pattern!...

So that being said neither is easier or harder than the other to install.

The h22 tranny has shorter gears that will allow your car to reach max rpm faster, whitch with the accord tcu is like 7200 rpm's and the p19 tcu will allow you to rev till about 7800, 8000 rpm's, on a h22 this is needed.
                The f22 tranny has great abilities especially if your gona go boost as well. listen here, if you do a h22 swap with the f22 tranny and do not change your tcu you will fall out of vtec when shifting. but if you change the tcu u will not fall out if you shift the auto properly. i have videos of mine not falling out
                "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by CB7PWNAGE
                  im a auto accord 2.i have a problem though.i changed the transission soloniods and after that i had my 1st and 4th gear back. but when the car drives for more than 20-25 minutes it doesnt downshift and my loads dont work.=[ bad tcu?.

if yes then im going prelude tcu

have you replaced them with new ones or used ones?

it's never a bad idea to upgrade that ecu though
                  "Self Renewed"

Comment

may i urge all of you to do something i wished i hyad done... get a 2500-3000 stall converter for your tranny before you drop it in... this will help alot with launching the car from a stop
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

I think my tranns was replaced, were is the code at to see which it is?
                      wat?

Comment

I'm an auto too! just thought I would check in

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
                          may i urge all of you to do something i wished i hyad done... get a 2500-3000 stall converter for your tranny before you drop it in... this will help alot with launching the car from a stop

i'm not sure what a stall converter is?

Comment

I've got a 93' LX auto with Intake/H23 IM/IABs hooked up/PT6 ECU/Magnaflow Catback (custom assembled by me).

It's pretty quick, considering both motor and trans have 249,214 miles on them! I'm planning on picking up an H22 auto trans here soon.
                            Last edited by foamypirate; 02-01-2008, 04:42 PM.
                            Originally posted by sweet91accord
                            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by street_beauty90
                              i'm not sure what a stall converter is?

diddo. what is a stall converter? ive heard about those alot.

Comment

All it is is basically a converter that allows you to "launch" an auto at a higher rpm. Such as 3800 stall and so on.

The New-ish Ride
                                My old Ride
                                Hear my Vtak!!!
                                MK3 Member #3
                                I piss off people for fun.
                                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                                X