No announcement yet.

Automatics unite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Auto 90 ex f20A sohc DN what tranny I might have in there though. I have a h23 double stacked and recently replaced my trans speed sensor and it shifted great right on point for a while and now its kinda slipping. what car can you get the p19 off of? i wanna try that before i swap anything else out and replace the solenoids.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=177927 <MY BUILD PROGReSS
    Originally posted by deevergote
    it won't be because cb7tuner told him to! It'll be because it's time to feed the trouser snake...

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
      7. Shift solenoid A is old and worn out.

10. Water temp sensor.

Start with your solenoids, being replaced, as i went through 4 junkyard finds before i got a good set.
      And like any problem on cars, one issue can cause many other issues to happen, it's all about tracing it to the culprit.

You mean, 4 junkyard to find a set or you tested 4 sets to find a good one?
      A new solenoid costs about $130 to $200.
      Do you reccomend the used ebay's ones?

Comment

i went though 4 sets, that cost 10-$15 a set
        "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by I-Deal214 View Post
          Another Auto 90 ex f20A sohc DN what tranny I might have in there though. I have a h23 double stacked and recently replaced my trans speed sensor and it shifted great right on point for a while and now its kinda slipping. what car can you get the p19 off of? i wanna try that before i swap anything else out and replace the solenoids.
          P19 tcu's aren't easy to find, I baught mine on ebay, and it was still $100
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

I have a 91 cobalt blue pearl coupe lx auto!
            Im still having problems with my trans not driving in d4 i have to manualy shift d2 and d3 i did a cable from the positive side of the battery and tapped each side of the inside of the solenoid clip and each clicks the same! So no d1 d4:/ ! No cel codes or dlight on? Tcu or shift solenoids?

Comment

D4 is overdrive.

How many miles are on your car? I ask because overdrive always seems to be what goes out first, when clutch packs begin to burn up or warp.

Take your fluid level stick and smell it, it should have a mild sweet smell, if it smells like burnt nastyness or isn't the correct red color it should be, a rebuild or different transmission may be in store.
              "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
                D4 is overdrive.

How many miles are on your car? I ask because overdrive always seems to be what goes out first, when clutch packs begin to burn up or warp.

Take your fluid level stick and smell it, it should have a mild sweet smell, if it smells like burnt nastyness or isn't the correct red color it should be, a rebuild or different transmission may be in store.
                Checked my fluid when car was runing its full, not a burnt smell fluid is red! Time for a new tcu?

Comment

h22a swapped auto with mp1a lsd tranny. i love this thing although it could be way more of a monster if it was 5spd.

Comment

Where's the coolant temperature sensor (code 10 on the TCU). My engine is a f22b1 from a 95. Wich one is? any photo available?

Comment

MP1A - JDM Prelude H22 Auto LSD swapped a few years ago and loving it!!!!!

If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

Comment

93 LX auto, H23 IM double stacked no IAB, headers and intake. after installing the IM I noticed the shifts had changed a little bit...Why did it do that?
                        are you talking about running the p19 ECU on like what i have stock f22a1 setup?

Comment

^^^ Go a little more into detail on the situation.
                          "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by xx93accordxx View Post
                            the auto shifters that you can leave in drive
                            or slide over and shift it

I like that shifter. Can't find one to replace in my CB7.

Comment

now owner of a blown mp1a auto lsd . gave out on me today.

Comment

my new 92 accord is auto
                                Sri
                                Megan header
                                Megan type 2 exhaust system
                                P12 ecuy

idk if its the p12 ecu, but when i drive on highway and im goin 70mph (on D4) my rpms are bout 3000-4000, is that right?
                                Also found a p19 tcu from an auto jdm h22a, does it matter that its for a vtec motor?
                                Last edited by spade; 03-26-2012, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X