No announcement yet.

Automatics unite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had mine in sport mode tonight and went from 0-90mph easily,but it really seems to drop off after 90mph and accelerates quite slowly. I kinda backed off, and punched it again and got up to about 115mph before I let off.

Comment

Originally posted by tear2wo View Post
      ok well i got my new tcu in. unhooked the battery to reset the ecu. my d4 light was still on but i had all four gears. so that seemed to fix it. i suggest replacing your tcu .

wel i put the p19 and i love it!! the only problem now is that i cant shift out of park. so i need to bypass the shift lock solenoid. ne1 got any tricks to do this? i heard about something with a tie wrap
      take your center console off, 4 screws to do so.

on the passenger side of the shifter you'll see a shift lock. take the 1 10mm bolt off the extension arm and your good.
      just remem that it will no longer lock in park now, so be sure and always use your ebrake as well, as if it's a standard shift, because someone will be able to accidently knock it out of gear,
      "Self Renewed"

Comment

i didn't see any where that i may have posted these on this thread.
        here are 2 different videos of me messing around with my automatic tranny.

the camera has a popping noise, because i didn't realize the chain was bouncing on it, lol.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=21345149

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=20900459
        "Self Renewed"

Comment

damn i love that backroad on the first vid.

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
          When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

wow, what an old thread, but for any viewers, a diagnosing thread I have made is here.
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=179566
            Continue posting on here, or their, either is fine.
            "Self Renewed"

Comment

Oh wow this is retro.

Anther auto checkin in.

I have a 91 dx with a dc header, custom cold air intake, custom cat back with a rocket muffler, and an ac delete stage 2. And Stock A1 W/ 156,489mi

My car tops out at 110-113. What is the propper way to open the top end? Is that where i need the A6 cam? Or is that the ecu/tcu?

"Good judgement comes from experience,
              alot of that comes from bad judgment"

Comment

Another auto guy here with no big urge to swap.
                My MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200048

(Turbo lag - turbo power) + HYPE = VTEC

Bought From: Davids92Accord

Sold To:

Comment

Haven't seen this one, but another auto here!

I got a 90 DX coupe with short ram, crap ebay exhaust, p12 ECU and a6 intake manifold. It's got 78k on the clock and has been well maintained from what I can tell. I've had it for 2 years and no major (if any) problems with the tranny. 92smokeaccord chirped second gear in my car after installing the a6 manifold.

Before I put in the intake manifold I raced my friend's 96 Civic sedan 5spd (stock) and won pretty easy, mostly because of poor shifting by my friend.

I also raced my friends old Audi a4 with the 1.8T and auto-manual transmission around a bend and I beat him too, even though I was on the outside lane.

Anyways, wondering what else could be done to get the most out of my mods as the auto basically negates everything I've put into the car so far.

Nice to see more autos on board!

Comment

auto yo! f22a6 with a SRI

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

I raced a 2010 ish civic si 5 speed today and he didnt pull away from me. I didnt even use footbrake. I just jammed the gas on the green and power shifted at close to 6500. I think, i didnt look, just listend. He let off around 95mph.

I call it a win for me.
                      Last edited by Rayz91; 08-21-2011, 09:09 PM.

"Good judgement comes from experience,
                      alot of that comes from bad judgment"

Comment

Auto '90 LX signing in.

f22b1, 2.2 VTEC, MSD RPM Activated Switch w/ 4Krpm pill, S/R intake, 2.25 pipping.

Comment

I have this issue; when I run the car at d3 or d4, the first 1 or 2 min. shifts perfectly, later, after a stop (or maybe, when the car warms up) I drive it on d3 and jumps from 1st to 3rd gear. I have to shift it to 2nd manually, then put it again on d3. It doesn't grab 4th even if I use d4, stay on 3rd. This problem started on a hill, while I was changing gears to climb it.

I checked the tcu and there's no burned or damaged resistors/capacitors, I cleaned the shift solenoid with carb cleaner and put it back. The transmission have a little leak, but I keep it okay of fluid. I reset the tcu and nothing.

It's throwing the code 7 and 10.

Any diagnostic? Any option before buying a solenoid or a tcu? Any form of disasemble the shift solenoid to clean it inside or better? Please help.

Thanks.

Comment

7. Shift solenoid A is old and worn out.

10. Water temp sensor.

Start with your solenoids, being replaced, as i went through 4 junkyard finds before i got a good set.
                            And like any problem on cars, one issue can cause many other issues to happen, it's all about tracing it to the culprit.
                            "Self Renewed"

Comment

My car is auto.

SRI

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                              1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                              1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                              2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Another autotragic checking in!

A1 to A6 Full Conversion, a6 runners, double-stack, working iab's, h23plenum/tb, Unorthodox Pulley's, Mugen Thermostat & Fan Switch. Stock airbox with K&N Panel, complete factory a1 exhaust at the moment. Oil Pres & Temp, Secondary Coolant (with numbers), Voltage gauges installed.
                                Last edited by cloudasc; 08-25-2011, 11:31 AM.
                                PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
                                X