Automatics unite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HondaB18
    I thought all the Mini Cooper S came with the Getrag manual transmission. Only the non-S came in the "tiptronic."

Yes, most new cars do that. To prevent driver error and damage to the engine by overrevving.

they had 2 cooper S at the dealership, one auto an the other was a 6spd. we drove the auto with the shifter like the one above.
    UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
    NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex
      they had 2 cooper S at the dealership, one auto an the other was a 6spd. we drove the auto with the shifter like the one above.
      Did some more digging and you are right. They are new to MY 2008. I'm more familiar with the older models cause my mom had the base one.

Comment

Did some more digging and you are right. They are new to MY 2008. I'm more familiar with the older models cause my mom had the base one.
        it was very nice, they are very fun cars to drive. throw a supercharger in the mix an im game lol
        UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
        NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex
          it was very nice, they are very fun cars to drive. throw a supercharger in the mix an im game lol
          Yep, handled nicely but a bit slow since it was the base auto. It was also sunshine yellow, drove it to school once and got made fun or for the rest of the semester

And as for the automatic unite, my DD is auto with stupid/useless paddle shifters that don't do much.

Comment

Yep, handled nicely but a bit slow since it was the base auto. It was also sunshine yellow, drove it to school once and got made fun or for the rest of the semester

And as for the automatic unite, my DD is auto with stupid/useless paddle shifters that don't do much.
            the ferrarrii i drove... those paddle shifters did something.
            and it didn't matter what rpm or speed you were going where you shifted is exzactly where it went right then. kicking you back hard in your seat
            "Self Renewed"

Comment

Ok guys i have a question? i'm putting a f22 auto tranny on my h22. Is there a aftermarket lite weight flywheel i could buy? if yes, what brand would you recommend?

Comment

Auto's don't have flywheels. We have a flexplate and a torque converter.
                3 CB's gone....
                1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

I have two jdm PON tcu's which came with h22a's rev limits 7200 @ wot. Makes shifting alot smoother
                  Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX
                    Auto's don't have flywheels. We have a flexplate and a torque converter.

Oh ok, I did not know that. LOL Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by street_beauty90
                      Oh ok, I did not know that. LOL Thanx
                      yeah you may have noticed earlier in the threads where i spoke of a stall converter, in replacing you torque converter,, this and the torque plate is whats in the place of or where the flywheel would be..

a level ten 4,000 stall converter is what i personally would buy.
                      Last edited by KeeleDesign; 05-30-2009, 10:55 AM.
                      "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by FuncOvrForm
                        I have two jdm PON tcu's which came with h22a's rev limits 7200 @ wot. Makes shifting alot smoother
                        pon? whats this why not get the p19 that allows the 8,000 rev limit, to actually use the vtec.
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

what can i do to beef up my f22a6

Comment

Ive an an A1 auto with intake and exhaust... rough shifting as well... probbaly my rear mount... Also gotta change the fluid, and buy a new axle.... the driver side has about a quarter inch play in the mid shaft... you can move it side to side a quarter inch.. i figure thats not good.
                            90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                            2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

ok has any1 turbo an auto h22. i want to go turbo but should i keep it auto or should i do a 5 speed conversion?
                              我愛我的本田

Comment

Originally posted by charlie0882004 View Post
                                ok has any1 turbo an auto h22. i want to go turbo but should i keep it auto or should i do a 5 speed conversion?
                                i'm doing a f22a4 turbo with h22 auto trans.i'll let u know how it comes out

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Working...
                                X