Electrical Gremlins *HELP!!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2
    i have a hornet alarm installed by my friend and also a member here which is a certified tech for installing systems, alarms, lojack, other components. The problem didnt happen until when i actually got my car painted. i know for sure it wasnt faulty installation everything was professional.
    So these problems were not happening after the alarm was installed, but later on after paintwork was done? What kind of prep work was done? Did you have the entire vehicle painted? Did you swap interiors and engines?
    '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
    EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

not to thread jack but i have this problem to

gremlin 5
      my power door locks only unlock. they do not lock.

last but not least and my most recent encounter....

Comment

Originally posted by mrvinyl33
        So these problems were not happening after the alarm was installed, but later on after paintwork was done? What kind of prep work was done? Did you have the entire vehicle painted? Did you swap interiors and engines?

no these werent a problem at all after the alarm was installed.

i noticed gremlin 1 after i got my car painted.

about 5 months later thats when gremlin 2&4 happened.

gremlin 5 started doing that about last october. it used to lock, the it started locking once in a while and now it just stopped locking.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man
          Take apart your fuse box and put it back together
          Next disassemble your alarm and throw it as far as you can
          Problems solved!

how sure are you about that?

taking it apart and putting it back together does nothing, its like i unscrewed something then i screwed it back in.

if i throw away my alarm system and it still doesnt fix the problem, will you buy me a new alarm?

thats like the most narrow answer i heard.

Comment

gremli 5 has happend to me.. i opened the actuator inside the drivers door and found a broken plastic gear/switch.. either change the whole thing or find a way to McGuyver it..

Comment

Originally posted by benji
              I wasn't talking about the HVAC fan, I was talking about the radiator fans... When you turn on your AC, one of the fans on the radiator (the passenger side one) should come on. If you turn your AC on, then that fan should kick in. If it does, then you will know that relay is good, before you switch the regular fan and the AC fan relays. If they are both bad, or if the problem is further up in the wiring system, then neither fan would come on, regardless of the state of the relays.
              on our accord's, both fans should come on when a'c is on and when the cooling fans come on. I already told jed that he has a bad thermo switch, that is why I jumped the connectors at the t switch. he needs to replace that to start. both of your fans are on, right jed??
              The beginning of a new era............................
              165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
              184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
                on our accord's, both fans should come on when a'c is on and when the cooling fans come on. I already told jed that he has a bad thermo switch, that is why I jumped the connectors at the t switch. he needs to replace that to start. both of your fans are on, right jed??
                Yeah, I meant that the AC fan should come on if the AC button was pushed, but since he said his other fan was jumped I meant it would come on at the same time as the other one.
                1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Originally posted by benji
                  Yeah, I meant that the AC fan should come on if the AC button was pushed, but since he said his other fan was jumped I meant it would come on at the same time as the other one.
                  no worries man. hopefully jed comes over and we'll get this settled. and when you jump the t switch connector harness, both fans should come on.
                  The beginning of a new era............................
                  165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                  184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Wel then if its not your alarm, it will be lol
                    They all suck
                    Your man for wiring solutions!
                    CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                    CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

dont worry guys i fixed it by selling the car! thanks for your help, but for the one who took over my car can come over here and look at how to fix it!

Comment

Working...
                      X