water valve leaking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

water valve leaking?

today after idling my car a bit when parked, i smelled a bit of coolant. so i popped the hood and it turned out that the water valve was leaking.

is it a possibility that a seal or maybe the housing cracked?

i know one side still retains the factory hose clamp but i changed the other side.

picture for reference. im going to take it off and inspect it tomorrow. on the drive back, i didnt see any leaks so whatever.

I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

when i first did the h23 swap a few years ago it leaked cause my dumbass left that hose on while pulling the motor out. .

But it actually sealed itself after a few days. But i would check everything also instead of just the housing.

Comment

I think I have that E-15-1 hose lying around, new oem, if you end up needing it I'll sell it cheap

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
        I think I have that E-15-1 hose lying around, new oem, if you end up needing it I'll sell it cheap
        thanks, ill be sure to inspect the hoses too. this happened to my lower rad hose, took it off, re-positioned it, re-tightened hose clamp and it was done.
        I <3 G60.

Comment

inspected, doesnt leak anymore *shrugs*

ill keep an eye on it though.
          I <3 G60.

Comment

Sometimes the OEM clamps loose their ability to provide enough clamp force and need to be replaced with newer hose clamps. Also, dry rotting can occur at the ends and it will seep at first, getting worse as time goes by. I would check the ends with old OEM clamps and both ends of all the non-replaced hoses in the heater valve area.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
              Sometimes the OEM clamps loose their ability to provide enough clamp force and need to be replaced with newer hose clamps. Also, dry rotting can occur at the ends and it will seep at first, getting worse as time goes by. I would check the ends with old OEM clamps and both ends of all the non-replaced hoses in the heater valve area.
              exactly.
              I <3 G60.

Comment

thats EXACTLY what i had to fix last week, b/c i was loosing coolant every week, the overflow bottle would be bone dry. It turns out the OEM clamps still had the right amount of tension, but the rubber went to shit and was all mushy at the end, causing a leak, a pretty bad one at that. I would use different clamps, those OEM ones are kinda shitty...looks like a bent paperclip kinda... replace with the screw in kind. In all, the hose was like 10 bucks from honda, I also got a distributor O ring since that was petrified rubber and I did my upper rad hose too, 13 bucks for a curved goodyear hose from Checker.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                X