CB7 weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 weight

Just wondering, has anyone here actually have taken the car apart/stripped it and weighed the car?

I was parting out the Accord and noticed there's a lot of wires, etc. Compared to my Civic, the Accord is cramped and has a lot of metal everywhere.
    -Kevin

1988 Honda Civi- D15B VTEC Dac Biet, my "race car"
    1992 Honda Accord LX: DD until I finish school

You mean just the shell, with no glass or anything?

Its not THAT heavy. Im a average 150lb guy, and i can pick up on side easily. Im pretty sure if there were 2 of me i could move it around with no problem

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Well, with glass of course. I guess I'm talking about a "barebone" car. Everything needed to run minus "luxuries" and some metal trimmed out.

Reason being is I'm looking to build something for the highway to "play" with the Civics and Integra's around here(a lot of them are in the 550whp range) so I'd rather be able to lighten the car up a lot(preferebaly under 2800lbs with me in it..I weigh 150lbs also). If I can figure out how light I can get them I can figure out what I can keep on there.

Honestly, since I got the Civic as a DD and weekend roadcourse; I might do a turbo mid-engine RWD setup and use a Acura Legend V6 back there. A Miata or 180/240SX would be easier but hell, I like Honda motors better and prefer the look of CB's(well, the S14 looks nice but I don't want to drop money on looks). Miata was my first choice by the short-wheelbase makes it less than ideal for high hp/tq. A Miata would replace my Civic though.
      -Kevin

Comment

Don't quote me but I heard that someone on here stripped it to the bone(still driveable) and it was around 2100LBS
        wat?

Comment

kentucky?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
          where you been, is something wrong?
          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by K2e2vin
            Honestly, since I got the Civic as a DD and weekend roadcourse; I might do a turbo mid-engine RWD setup and use a Acura Legend V6 back there.
            hopes and dreams.

Comment

With another car I have all the time in the world I already have a TypeI Legend motor that just needs a little TLC(really just needs to be rebuilt) and a manual transmission.

Only problem would be is someone to do the alignment; most shops over here can't do alignments on lowered cars. The guy that did the MR Integra lives about 3 hours from me, I'm pretty sure he can help me out if needed.
              -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                Don't quote me but I heard that someone on here stripped it to the bone(still driveable) and it was around 2100LBS
                If so, that's awesome.
                -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
                  kentucky?
                  x2

exactly what i was thinking, where is that kid

94 GSR | 93 GSR

Comment

wow thats light,

I'm in the process of stripping the interior of my CB, I'll weight it in summer, hopefully I'll be able to get below 2500lbs.
                    Last edited by lokuputha; 01-15-2008, 09:25 PM.
                    DEVOTE

Comment

Hasn't that guy gone as far as removing the bracing under the hood? If it's the same guy I think his car is way stripped, ie lexan windows, no underhood bracing, no interior at all, just gutted. It was driveable, but I don't think it was street legal.
                      Originally posted by 92dm
                      I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
                      VOUCHES
                      Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

Kentucky accord had his car stripped beyond belief. I believe he got the car to weigh under 2000 lb if not close to it. It might have been quick but looking at it it looked unsafe like a mofo with some of the rigging on that car.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

After some digging, I finally found the Weight Reduction thread.

Man! I believe there was two guys around 2000lbs including Kentucky Accord. I never knew you could get it that light. At those weight, I'm definitely sticking with a CB7 and ditching the Miata.
                          -Kevin

Comment

wow! 2000lbs! thats around 910kg.

last time i weighed the car was during my inspection, it tipped the scales at nearly 1300kg with 3/4 tank of fuel and a 65kg driver AND the H22a.

oh, and my golf clubs at the back

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                            Honda Accord Euro-R
                            Honda Odyssey Absolute
                            Honda City I-DSi
                            Honda Stream

Comment

well to get it to that point the interior is nasty...unless you're good at custom carbon fiber interior modification it'll look horrible...
                              ____

Comment

Working...
                              X