Will h22 basemap run f20b fine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will h22 basemap run f20b fine?

ordered my f20b lastnight and was thinking about the ecu. i dont really want to go to a professional place and have my ecu done. but my buddy has the program chrome and hes got h22 basemap. was wondering would it run the f20b fine? them seem to be about the same motor. just curious.. anyone know
    Project EX Coupe Coming Soon...
    ..::Built not Bought::..

fuck it lol.. i sooo changed my mind im calling hmotorsonline tommrow to see if i can cancel my order and get an h22.. this f20b is to hard to get parts for. h22 has sooooooo soo so much aftermarket support then the f20b. plus with cams and stuff in a h22 i'll make more power and be able to rev higher then the f20b...

nevermind this post

delete please.

thanks josh
    Project EX Coupe Coming Soon...
    ..::Built not Bought::..

Comment

well, the f20b will rev higher than the h22 due to it's shorter stroke. my opinion, the f20b has a lot of potential, just not enough info on them. I will tell you this though, my f20b build is gonna be a one of a kind in a few months. and the h22 base map will be perfect. if you are gonna do it, make sure you use h22 injectors because I heard that the f20b injectors are smaller than the h22. good luck in whatever you do.
      The beginning of a new era............................
      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

i had a h22 and they run pretty damn good!

ur choice and budget!

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

You can just scale the map down in crome you know. From 2200cc to 2000cc.

Comment

I have seen three f20b motors detonate because they were running chipped ecu's and f20b injectors due to fuel starvation. so keep the h22 basemaps.
            The beginning of a new era............................
            165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
            184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

1. The F20b will run on an h22 basemap
              2. Dont rag on it with an h22 base
              3. Just save the money and get it tuned
              4. Parts arent hard to come by

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                You can just scale the map down in crome you know. From 2200cc to 2000cc.
                that scalar doesn't work...lol. never will either.

The differences wouldn't be much.

faboy1185 or something like that on here has the f20b and runs an h22 map just fine.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

off topic: Dont let the shipping company LOSE your motor. I ordered a SIR spec H22 and it has been mislocated by the shipping company. Hmotors is keeping me updated, but the shipping company is giving them the run around. Ugh. alright my rant is finished.

the H22 map might be a little rich, but thats better than lean and having detonation.
                  http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

I have AEM wideband in the car, along with chipped ecu, running a H22 basemap you CANNOT HOUND ON IT!!!! The engine will go very lean and at times very rich. BE VERY CAREFUL i put about 15 miles on the car without tuning but i couldnt go past 1/4 throttle and just kept her constantly revved around 2-4k where the AF seems to be perfect. do not put the engine under hard load, you can only rev it and be safe when your under minimal load. I hope that makes sense. Ill be tuning it shortly and hopefully post the .bin on pgmfi.org
                    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                      that scalar doesn't work...lol. never will either.

The differences wouldn't be much.

faboy1185 or something like that on here has the f20b and runs an h22 map just fine.
                      I lied.

For the first time ever, I messed with the engine capacity portion of the fuel multipliers, using a p72 base and it made a big difference in making a basemap.

Maybe they fixed with the new 1.4.x versions. I remember trying it with previous versions and it didn't work.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                      X