frame measurments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frame measurments

referring to my old thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...highlight=body

long story short; a guy at work truck rolled into the back of my car because his e brake failed, and left a huge dent and scratch on my hood. he said he would give me 300 to fix it, i said no. his insurance came and looked at it, and i told them my bumper is sagging now, and they gave me a 1000 dollar check.

anyways i got it to the body shop and got my frame and core support checked out, they said my core support was fine, but my frame was off on the passenger side by 10mm, now they were showing me the specs on a 94 accord because they said the specs for the frame are the same on the 4th gens and 5th gens.

my question is to you guys, are the frame specs the same between a 4th and 5th gen?

i went ahead and had the 10mm pulled back out to spec, and it solved a little bit of the sagging problem, but not all of it. keep in mind that only costed me around $430 to pull and get some brackets and such i was missing from my bumper.

but since the part in my engine bay by the battery is almost all rusted out, they said they would cut out a whole new piece of metal, re-weld it back in and re-paint it, and that would fix all of the gapping.

what do you think?

I dont know man but they pull from measuring one side vs the other side checking to see if its square. If its even with the other side then they dont touch it and if its not then hey well they do. Well 10mm shouldnt really be that much you should talk to them about getting a deviation? or some kind of money from the insurance since they could not cover the cost, tell em you dont care if the parts are old new or what just make sure they fit correctly and not faulty

Comment

yeah well i will get pics tomorrow of how it sits now, i take the car back in on jan 7th to fix the rust inside the bay, and they said once thats fixed there should be no more sagging?

i kind of find that hard to believe?

Comment

ok call you insurance as soon as possible to see if they may help, it looks like to me that they are gonna try and give you a stiff one. Have an insurance adjust come back and view your car. Your knowledge should LIE in this. Now that the covers for the bumper is off the true damage is exposed and there for you need more resources to have the job completed correctly> for certain GL

Comment

hmm yeah i'll see what i can do.

anyone else?

Comment

bump?

Comment

Are you paying them more money for them to replace the metal?

I would get in writing that what ever they do will fix the problem, so if the sagging is still there you could make them keep working or ask for your money back due to the fact they didn't keep with their part of the agreement.

Comment

yeah new metal welded in, and repainted.

i should do that. what would be the best way to approach them about that?

Comment

Give me a straightedge, hammer, torch, and a tape measure ill fix it.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

lol right...

Comment

well Nails is quite knowledgable and i bet if you gave him a case of beer he could do it cheaper.

Comment

good luck with it Matt, hope the bumper sag goes away.

Comment

yeah same here, its more annoying than anything about this whole car.

Comment

its back in the shop for cutting and rewelding the area by the battery, should be done next wed.

will keep you updated.

Comment

Working...
                            X