Low Idealing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Idealing

My car ideals around 1900rpm when started from cold then when its warmed up it drops between 800rpm to 400rpm. What could be some thing i should check? Somedays i have problems starting because, i think, of the oil in the spark plug tube. Could the spark plugs or/and wires cause bad idealing?

if its standard 800 is correct.

Comment

And replace the gasket to prevent the oil aroud the spark plugs.

Comment

Look in the DIY section for detailed instructions on how to fix the oil-in-the-tube situation.

Idles not ideals.

800 plus or minus 150.

As far as the hard start goes, check your cap and rotor for carbon, make sure your air filter element is clean, simple stuff like that. A dirty fuel filter or leaky injectors could also cause a hard start. Also make sure your negative terminal on your battery is on firmly.
        Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
        2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
        2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
        2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

I know the oil has to cause the hard start cause i pull on the plug and soak up the oil then put it all back together and it starts just fine. As for my car, Its a automatic and it used to be at 1000rpm

Comment

yeah when mines cold, she idles high, when she warms up she drops back down, i think its normal.

^sold

Comment

I know thats normal...............Im trying to find out what causes it to move back and forth between 200 and 900rpms

Comment

Originally posted by Boss2mc88
                I know thats normal...............Im trying to find out what causes it to move back and forth between 200 and 900rpms
                Oh it quickly revs up and down ?

Comment

It just moves back and forth automatically no gas pressed or anything.

Comment

Common idle problem. There is no ONE answer for it, but it's controlled by the IACV. There's a thing on your intake manifold, located on the front if the original F22a motor. It looks like a black motor mounted in an alluminum housing, has two rubber hoses going to it, and two wires. It's the Intake Air Control Valve. It's a neccessary Honda thing. These bad boys tend to go bad, and need replacing. Easy junkyard part.

-Shale

Comment

Working...
                    X