sports drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sports drive

can sum1 explain to me wut the different is between NORMAL and SPORTS drive on the shifter?

is this cb7's we're talking about?

Comment

Good thread! I always woundered this myself.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

sports

yea im pretty sure all cb7 autos had this button function. im jus not too sure wut it does. i drove down the highway with it on once, but didnt really feel a difference. does ne1 no if i should b feeling sumtin?

Comment

I don't know if 92/93's did but 90/91's did. It just holds the car in gear longer. Makes the car waste more gas, doesn't shift for economey.
          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

from the genuine honda manual:

pushing the sports switch while driving in the d4 or d3 range will change shift points under part throttle acceleration, allowing the transmission to stay in each lower gear for a longer period before automatically upshifting. with the sports switch on the s indicator light in the instrument pannel will come on. to thake the transmission out of s mode, push the sports switch again. the s indicator light will go out.

NOTE: although the s indicator light in the instrument pannel will come on in any gear range when the sports switch is pushed...this mode is selectable only in the d3 and d4 range.

i should try running my gtech pro with 2 runs...one wiht sports and one without sports mode...see if there is a differnce...im not sure about fuel ratios and all but it does sound like it would use more fuel cause ur staying in gear longer.

ill try to use s mode later on a hard acceleration....see if i see a difference...i wonder if shift points as in MPh will change too...
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
              from the genuine honda manual:

pushing the sports switch while driving in the d4 or d3 range will change shift points under part throttle acceleration, allowing the transmission to stay in each lower gear for a longer period before automatically upshifting. with the sports switch on the s indicator light in the instrument pannel will come on. to thake the transmission out of s mode, push the sports switch again. the s indicator light will go out.

NOTE: although the s indicator light in the instrument pannel will come on in any gear range when the sports switch is pushed...this mode is selectable only in the d3 and d4 range.

i should try running my gtech pro with 2 runs...one wiht sports and one without sports mode...see if there is a differnce...im not sure about fuel ratios and all but it does sound like it would use more fuel cause ur staying in gear longer.

ill try to use s mode later on a hard acceleration....see if i see a difference...i wonder if shift points as in MPh will change too...
              It won't change the gears ratio just keep it in gear longer like I said.
              My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

haha...same thing bro...o well..i just took my car for a ride and punched it with the S light on and off....with the s light off...yea i got the normal acceleration...but with tthe s light on...it stayed in gear longer of course but i was going faster by the next gear shift...its not reallly noticable....but when i turn on my AC and drive normally...my car lags...with the sports mode on...it kinda evens out you know?

ill drive on sports mode tomorrow...see if i can time the gears right...i think ill use it to get on the freeway only...then test it with my gtech to see if there is a noticable MPH and HP difference u kno?

i dont know what conclusions i may get, i got soo much time in the world...

but ill probably run with the AC on and the sports mode...that was really nice today...yet on normal acceleration...i take it off...
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

i have a 93 lx coupe. don't have a sports mode button. j/k

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

manuals have the sports button...jk haha

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                      manuals have the sports button...jk haha
                      no manual for me

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

I got a 90 4dr auto. With the sport mode on, the gears are held longer (about redline), making a longer shift which means your acceleration won't be much better at full throttle. However, with the sport mode on, the tranny has better pick-up if the throttle is only partly engaged. The shifts are quick and the tranny doen't hunt as much. Gas milegae is 2-3 mpg's worse and it doesn't do much on the freeway, the car is going to fast.

Comment

sports mode has quicker downshifts...if i pound it in 3rd by stepping on the gas without sports on...it takes a bit..but sports mode is quicker....at 95% throttle is the best response with sports mode..i have been using it for a while now.

i like it cuase if ur at 30mph it doesnt shift to 3rd if u slow down...it stays in that gear so that the tranny doesnt have to take the time to downshift and accelerate again...

Retro!

Hater

Comment

i have a '92 accord DX - no sports button on mine
                            BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

our 91 SE has this sports shift button. Yea, it lets you rev it up higher before shifting into the next gear when you have it on. Like someone said, in either D3 or D4. there is a noticeable difference in getting from point A to B when you get on it.
                              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                              X