Smaller Radiator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smaller Radiator?

I was thinking about getting a performance civic si radiator. I figure it's have the size, and most likely does the job well enough. I couldn't find any threads or anything on it, but I'd like to hear peoples' opinions on this?

Also I'm kind of confused as to how I would find radiator hoses that would fit from the civic radiator to my h22.

edit: aluminum of course, and not necessarily from a civic, I was just saying that to get the picture in your head. Dual-core half size radiator.
    Last edited by blakmetal.honda; 12-17-2007, 11:49 PM.
    91 lx h22a

Member's Ride Thread
    bought from: xkjnboix, new_beginnings

i'd say keep it stock or upgrade to alunimum radiator for an accord!

but if you want a civic to accord hose!

maybe custom hoses

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris
      This is an upgrade. It's a dual-core half size radiator. Many people run these in boosted setups, which produce a lot more heat than stock or NA setups, and they are just fine. As far as hoses, you may be able to get generic radiator hoses, not sure though.
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
        This is an upgrade. It's a dual-core half size radiator. Many people run these in boosted setups, which produce a lot more heat than stock or NA setups, and they are just fine. As far as hoses, you may be able to get generic radiator hoses, not sure though.
        Yes that is what I am talking about, I figure they weigh a little bit less, cost a little bit less, don't take up quite as much room, and cool your engine (at least) just as well.

I just looked at where the hoses are on the stock radiator, and yeah I would be able to use the stock hoses. The only difference would be that the upper hose would connect to the radiator like 6 inches towards whichever side I mounted it on.

How do people usually mount aftermarket radiators?
        91 lx h22a

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by blakmetal.honda

How do people usually mount aftermarket radiators?

with the gangsta lean well thats what my buddy has to do in his accord with the dual core half size civic radiator well that and he's pretty ghetto when it comes to his cars
          Originally posted by jboyce
          i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

well i am assuing you dont have A/C either?

You could weld a mount circel thing at the bottom, and then drillholes and move that black peice over and have it hold in the metal peice that goes over the a/c condenser normally(the part that the hood latch hooks up to).

I personally have thought about doing this.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

I do currently have A/C, but I haven't decided on whether or not I'll keep it when I swap my h22. I'm starting the swap at the end of the month. I suppose I could figure out a way to mount it, me and my buddy could fashion up some kinda mount. Is there a belt that fits the alternator when you get rid of A/C? Or do you have to get one custom made?
              91 lx h22a

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

no a belt fits. Im pretty sure bc i have one.

Im not sure which one you would get. Im not sure if there was ever a factory h22 without A/C. I would assume i have the accord dx belt bc it dosent dcover all of the rings. Just 5 of the 6

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris

but if you want a civic to accord hose!

maybe custom hoses

do you even think before you make a post?

Comment

I have a half rad on my boosted setup and my car overheats on really hot day idling or in traffic. Personally I wish I had a bigger rad, but there was no room once the mani was made. I didnt mount it myself, but I know it wasnt a big job, but I wouldnt recommend a smaller rad, but thats up to you

SOLD!!
                    Boosted H22
                    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                      do you even think before you make a post?
                      Most likely no. Anyway this is what I got.

1. My friend ran a civic dual core radiator in texas heat boosting 10psi all day with no hitch. No overheating or anything.

2. There are 2 kinds of civic radiators single and dual you want the dual.

3. If it worked that well on his turbo car I would think it would work good on an h22a.

4. I am debating whether or not to do that but you can put the ac fan on the condensor just zip tie it on.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05

4. I am debating whether or not to do that but you can put the ac fan on the condensor just zip tie it on.
                        Not quite sure what you're saying. Zip tie it on top of the condensor fan? Like so you would have two fans coming out from the half size radiator?
                        91 lx h22a

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

isnt the cd5 rad considered an up grade y du u want a rad half the size if a regular civic rad?

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7
                            isnt the cd5 rad considered an up grade y du u want a rad half the size if a regular civic rad?
                            What? grammar/spelling issues dude..

I think you just asked why I want a radiator half the size of a regular civic radiator. If that's correct, you should actually read the post. I want one the SAME size as a civic radiator, and I want it to be dual core. So double the thickness.

Also, I already stated that I am considering it because it would be lighter, take up less room, and work just as well.
                            Last edited by blakmetal.honda; 12-18-2007, 05:01 PM.
                            91 lx h22a

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05

Originally posted by blakmetal.honda
                              Not quite sure what you're saying. Zip tie it on top of the condensor fan? Like so you would have two fans coming out from the half size radiator?
                              Wait nevermind I don't know what I was thinking. Zip tie to the condensor not the fan. Got it

So I guess the only question left is, does anyone know what belt I should use on the h22a if I were to get rid of A/C?
                              Last edited by blakmetal.honda; 12-18-2007, 05:07 PM.
                              91 lx h22a

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X