Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cig lighter doesnt stay down to get hot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cig lighter doesnt stay down to get hot.

i searched the forum and everyones problems with the cig lighter have been with it loose and popping out or just not working. and i kno how to solve all of those problems.

1st thing i did was get my friends cb7 cig lighter that i kno that stays down and springs back. it worked in his car so it should in mine right. it will get hot if i hold it down but it wont stay down by itself and never has since i owned the car.

the lights on the harness and everything else works. i can use it as a 12v source.

no electric problems with the car at all.

any suggestions?

and i dont smoke. nvr have and nvr will and no one smokes in my car. i just wanna kno y its not working.
    Last edited by xkjnboix; 12-12-2007, 10:25 PM.
    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

lol i don't know how many cars i have owned or ridden in and has had that problem. My guess is to go to the junkyard and test one there to see if it stays down. But my guess is that its worn out and won't stay down.

Comment

well i took my friends lighter push button thing out of his cb7 and it works on his car. sooo i kno its not worn.

unless ur talking about the whole assembly is worn but idk what the 12v port has anything to do with the actual spring in the lighter not working.

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

yup its in post 1# "i can use it as a 12v source."

Nail LOL WTF it shows my answer to your post b4 your actual post

HAHA HACKS
        Last edited by xkjnboix; 12-12-2007, 10:16 PM.

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Does the 12v port work?

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

In the 12v port, if I remember correctly, there's a slight bulge that helps hold the lighter in place, once that wears out, you would need to replace the port I think. The problem I have with mine is keeping the port in place. The damn thing falls off constantly.

Comment

this happens to all the bmws that have smokers as owers , thier are little tabs in the socket that hold the heater element (push button thingy) just bend the tabs outwards and retest should work, or you can do it the right way and get a new ligher socket , just try not to ground out the socket and blow the fuse, just simply remove the fuse before any bending happens

Comment

Dude, you don't use the cigarette lighter, so what the fuck does it matter?

Comment

Originally posted by cb9tuner
                  this happens to all the bmws that have smokers as owers , thier are little tabs in the socket that hold the heater element (push button thingy) just bend the tabs outwards and retest should work, or you can do it the right way and get a new ligher socket , just try not to ground out the socket and blow the fuse, just simply remove the fuse before any bending happens
                  ok cool that helps out alot. i figured it was something that was worn. sooo i wanna bend them towards the inside of the cylinder

ill try this out b4 work in the morning. thanks tho.

ya tru i dont use it to smoke but still.. its something thats not working properly on the car and its not covered yet as a thread so mayb others who do need to use it will now know. im just anal about broken stuff. if its broke and u have the means to fix then y not.
                  Last edited by xkjnboix; 12-13-2007, 08:11 PM.

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
                    Dude, you don't use the cigarette lighter, so what the fuck does it matter?
                    it matters when he wants to light up a ***, so how you contribute to the thread instead of blowing it off dumb ass.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix
                      ya tru i dont use it to smoke but still.. its something thats not working properly on the car and its not covered yet as a thread so mayb others who do need to use it will now know. im just anal about broken stuff. if its broke and u have the means to fix then y not.
                      X2 mine has never stayed down since I got the car, now I know how to rectify it. Thanks

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

haha the day i got my car, i took it out...about 4 yrs ago. the 12V part works? yeah just look at the lighter and see if anything looks broken, if it is, go to the JY and buy one

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
                          X2 mine has never stayed down since I got the car, now I know how to rectify it. Thanks
                          you will look inside the lighter cylinder and see 2 prongs alll the way toward the back wall or the bottom of the cylinder. take a flat head and bend these in toward the center of the cylinder slightly and test the lighter on it until it catches and releases when hot.

it may take a few tries but dont over bend cause itll be a bitch to get out or you will just bend them flat when u push the lighter in

glad to see my thread is helping other people. i couldnt have found the answer w/o other cb members like cb9tuner.
                          Last edited by xkjnboix; 12-13-2007, 08:23 PM.

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                            it matters when he wants to light up a ***, so how you contribute to the thread instead of blowing it off dumb ass.
                            He doesn't smoke, he said that you retard, and he also said he will never use the cigarette lighter. Go jerk off and blow off some steam.

Comment

I have a 2002 "Power Outlet" Cover on my 12v port
                              My port is so unused that it wont let go of the lighter rofl
                              Your man for wiring solutions!
                              CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                              CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X