Problem will not start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem will not start.

My girl just got done from letting my car overheat and went above the (H) as she told me. I told her to pull over she did not listen. She came home with a hose that busted. I replaced the hose then took it for a test drive. I got back tried to start it but no start it only turns over. I replace the Distributor cap and rotor and I got something this time but it will still not crank on. I pulled the plugs out and the plugs where soaked in gas. Cleaned them up still nothing. Im not to sure what I should do at this point. I really dont wont to take it in to some odd mechanic to tell me something I could have done. So please help me out. Im open to any suggestions.
    Last edited by dualacord; 12-09-2007, 06:13 PM.

My ride

so did you tried to replace the plugs and check for spark?
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Your girlfriend is retarded sorry to say...Why the hell did she not stop...I dont know why people dont listen pisses me off now your gonna spend a lot more money trying to get it to run right. Hope nothing is warped but probably is depending on the extent she drove on H.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Check for spark?

Originally posted by wed3k
        so did you tried to replace the plugs and check for spark?
        No I have not check for spark. I was just curious to check the for spark you just pull a spark plug out and connect it to the plug right, and then turn the ign.key. If im not mistaken is that correct.

My ride

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          Your girlfriend is retarded sorry to say...Why the hell did she not stop...I dont know why people dont listen pisses me off now your gonna spend a lot more money trying to get it to run right. Hope nothing is warped but probably is depending on the extent she drove on H.
          Well If I took it out for a test run right after I replaced the hose and fluid. It ran fine down shifted and everything. Got back home I tried starting again and turned over but no start.

My ride

Comment

You said fuel if your sure do what wedek said. Could have fouled the plugs as mentioned.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

shes retarded for that

tell her since she doesnt seem to listen that your gonna use the money that you had set aside for her christmas presents to fix the car. if she gives you lip then dump her cuz she only concerned about herself.

hey maybe she fried your ecs sensor with the engine getting so hot.

any check engine light. at worst do compression test or vacuum guage to see if anythings warped. check the coolant and oil. any chochlate milk?

x
              Last edited by xfactortype1; 12-09-2007, 07:08 PM.

Comment

I just reread that. Sounds like you have no spark. Pull your dipstick anyway and see if you smell gas.
                Last edited by Fake Thug; 12-09-2007, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                  You said fuel if your sure do what wedek said. Could have fouled the plugs as mentioned.

Well I got her started several times by turning the key in the 1-2 position a few times. The motor still sounds strong but when turning it off it will not turn back on with out having to turn the key hundreds of times in the 1-2 position.

My ride

Comment

Originally posted by xfactortype1
                    tell her since she doesnt seem to listen that your gonna use the money that you had set aside for her christmas presents to fix the car. if she gives you lip then dump her cuz she only concerned about herself.

hey maybe she fried your ecs sensor with the engine getting so hot.

any check engine light. at worst do compression test or vacuum guage to see if anythings warped. check the coolant and oil. any chochlate milk?

x
                    LOL Well the oil is fine everything is good besides the fact I get the car to start but as far as restarting the car its not happening without having to turn in hudreds of times in the 1-2 key position.

My ride

Comment

Originally posted by oozingmachismo2
                      I just reread that. Sounds like you have no spark. Pull your dipstick anyway and see if you smell gas.
                      Well I think I have spark because I got it to run but now its just hard to start the damn thing again without having to sit there forever.

My ride

Comment

Check your fuel filter. The fact that it starts after turning the key on and off several times is telling me that fuel is having a hard time getting to your motor. Fuel filter is the most likely cause for that.
                        Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                          Check your fuel filter. The fact that it starts after turning the key on and off several times is telling me that fuel is having a hard time getting to your motor. Fuel filter is the most likely cause for that.
                          Yeah I think I will try that. Im not exactly sure what it could be. Ijust started it up and took it out for a drive and tried to hit the gas and it would just stumble while trying to speed up. It would go but stumble at the same time-40 mph over. When I got home I turned it off tried to turn it on and nope no start just turns over but eventually I can get it to start and it purrs like a kitten.
                          Last edited by dualacord; 12-10-2007, 01:46 AM.

My ride

Comment

Distributor Was Bad

Solved the problem it was the Distributor. Now it starts everytime I guess the old one would only start when it was cold but when it was hot no way was it going to start.

My ride

Comment

Cool. Glad to hear you got it fixed.
                              Originally posted by sweet91accord
                              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X