TPS Help Please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPS Help Please...

ok so after i didnt my motor swap f22 into my accord i went to start it i forgot to plug in my TPS sensor...car fired right up idle is perfect right at 15. But i had a CEL found out it was my TPS. So i shut my car off and go look and plug it in. fire car up idle is all jumpy i adjust it where the idle is perfect. So then i go decide to take the car for a test drive take off car is runnin good then i push in the clutch and my car steedy revs to 3000, So i shift into 2nd gear idle goes down drives fine push clutch in for 3rd gear and idle jumps back up to 3000.....So i pull over and unplug the tps and i drive it back to the shop and the car shifts perfect idle drops dont go to 3000....I have no idea what the problem is anyone know?

-Josh
    Project EX Coupe Coming Soon...
    ..::Built not Bought::..

Originally posted by Josh26
    ok so after i didnt my motor swap f22 into my accord i went to start it i forgot to plug in my TPS sensor...car fired right up idle is perfect right at 15. But i had a CEL found out it was my TPS. So i shut my car off and go look and plug it in. fire car up idle is all jumpy i adjust it where the idle is perfect. So then i go decide to take the car for a test drive take off car is runnin good then i push in the clutch and my car steedy revs to 3000, So i shift into 2nd gear idle goes down drives fine push clutch in for 3rd gear and idle jumps back up to 3000.....So i pull over and unplug the tps and i drive it back to the shop and the car shifts perfect idle drops dont go to 3000....I have no idea what the problem is anyone know?

-Josh
    i think the tps is fucked up. but thanks for helping me out to! i was so pissed after working the whole day getting the f22a6 head and intake mani swapped and then it idled at 3k. i believe the tps is no good.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Make sure you didn't mix up the plug for the TPS and the EGR (I think). There are a few plugs that are interchangeable for different sensors in that area.

Comment

The TPS has it's own unique plug. Check your TPS is 0.45V in the closed position and that the voltage output is smooth from closed TB to WOT.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Try this....

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
          My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

It really has it's own plug? I wonder how on earth my buddy managed to mix them up on the swap in my prelude. He must have just forced it and said close enough.

Comment

I forget which other plug it is, but there is ONE other plug that looks the same and will plug up to your tps. A lot of people mix them up.

It's not EGR. That's an oval ish plug.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                I forget which other plug it is, but there is ONE other plug that looks the same and will plug up to your tps. A lot of people mix them up.

It's not EGR. That's an oval ish plug.
                EGR is a square/rectangular-like plug.

The "mixup" plug you guys may be referring to is the IAT (intake air temp) sensor plug, which is roundish like the TPS, but I look at where the wiring is coming from and the IAT is closer to the driver-side fender and the TPS is closer to the passenger-side fender. Besides, the IAT connector is smaller, I'm fairly certain and it's about same size as the IACV connector (all smaller). Another possible mixup is the automatic tranny engine mount solenoid on the back firewall, that's roundish, however I think still smaller and pin layout different. The TPS is unique in that it's a fairly large connector, round and has a 3-pin layout. Most switches and solenoids have 2-pin, someone must have been drinking too many beers while working on your cars is all I have to say.

My mind is fresh on all this from installing the built motor in my 91 EX and removing/installing a motor in my mother's 93 LX. If someone mixed up/forced another connector to the TPS, they shouldn't be working on cars. Honda makes the plugs different/unique for this not to happen, the rest is common sense and organization. Both of these motors I dealt with had no CELs on startup, leaks and ran fine from the start. So that proves I know what I'm talking about.
                Last edited by HondaFan81; 12-06-2007, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                  EGR is a square/rectangular-like plug.

The "mixup" plug you guys may be referring to is the IAT (intake air temp) sensor plug, which is roundish like the TPS, but I look at where the wiring is coming from and the IAT is closer to the driver-side fender and the TPS is closer to the passenger-side fender. Besides, the IAT connector is smaller, I'm fairly certain.

My mind is fresh on all this from installing the built motor in my 91 EX and removing/installing a motor in my mother's 93 LX. If someone mixed up/forced another connector to the TPS, they shouldn't be working on cars. Honda makes the plugs different/unique for this not to happen, the rest is common sense and organization. Both of these motors I dealt with had no CELs on startup, leaks and ran fine from the start. So that proves I know what I'm talking about.
                  yea, it's the IAT.

Maybe it's just on Integra's then. The ls turbo I tuned last had mixed his up when I went over to check his setup out before tuning.

Comment

lol ok everyone...i dont have the plug mixed up trust me lol....thats not what im asking i got the right plug i aint no retard. tryin to figure out whtas wrong with my TPS..

Comment

Did you check the TPS voltage values like I mentioned a few posts before? If you did, what were the results?

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                        Did you check the TPS voltage values like I mentioned a few posts before? If you did, what were the results?
                        ima test it tomorrow havent had time to get out to the shop..

Comment

map and tps are the same connectors and will plug into each other. Also, the engine will not throw a check engine light if they are mixed up. if you try and drive the car with them swapped, it will not go. When you put load on the engine, it will stall.

check the voltage with a multimeter. The signal wire is the middle pin.

~.45 closed, ~4.5+ WOT
                          www.850fab.com
                          IG - @850Fab
                          FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

yea, that's the one.

Comment

Working...
                            X