seat belt light wont stop blinking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seat belt light wont stop blinking!

ok .. so ... the seat belt light on my bf's cb7 keeps blinking and beeping. then on top of that the passenger side seatbelt got stuck open.

so now when you get in the car it doesnt tie you in .... lol. its annoying and we cant figure out what the hell is wrong.

has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

PLEASE HELP!

well do you hear the motor for the seat belt still running? If so it could be that the belt is like off the "track" If you don't hear the motor it could be that the motor just died.

I think you can bring it back to any Honda dealer and they have to fix it because its a safety issue or something like that.

GL
    "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
    - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

for real .... even though its a 91?

nah i dont hear the motor at all. its just stuck ... pissing me off cause im the one that sits on the passenger's side. and that damn light ...

Comment

Originally posted by mIsS♥aCcORd_210
        for real .... even though its a 91?

nah i dont hear the motor at all. its just stuck ... pissing me off cause im the one that sits on the passenger's side. and that damn light ...
        I'm almost positive they have to fix it because its a safety and legal issue, but i would definitly call and ask. It can't hurt to call.
        "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
        - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

hahaha they want 80 dollars just to diagnose the car .. thats not including the price to actually fix it ...pffft.

pik-n-pull here we come ... lol

Comment

damn.... guess i was wrong...

sorry to hear that and good luck
            - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

make sure the sensors under your seat are plugged in i had the same problem?
              Project EX Coupe Coming Soon...
              ..::Built not Bought::..

Comment

Call Honda directly ... They will take car of it. Dealerships will brush you off at first

Comment

if it was me i would pull the fuse for now. but here in va you need working sealt belts to pass yearly inspection. i would go to the junk yard and pull the guts of one of those out of another car and put them it

the rebuild!
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...50#post2073450

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty
                    I'm almost positive they have to fix it because its a safety and legal issue, but i would definitly call and ask. It can't hurt to call.
                    This is 100% true. Honda will tell you it costs $80 to diagnose, and then when they find it's a safety issue, charge the fee to Honda of America, or at least that was the case when it happened to me.

Comment

it's usually customer pay at first. then when it's proven to be warranty, then it will be warranty. that's how most dealerships work. the Honda dealer that I work for, we are very lenient with these problems. trust me, it's warranty.
                      The beginning of a new era............................
                      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Working...
                      X