No announcement yet.

installed a tranny cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have an automatic, there's already a tranny cooler built into the lower part of the radiator.
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

So would adding a tranny cooler make it even cooler?
      R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
      My members ride page
      Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

Looks good, I was looking at getting one since I will be going turbo . The one I looked at was the one off www.jegs.com and was like 40 bucks with all fittings.

My question is this: Could you post pictures of where to tap into the tranny and everything else? TIA
        No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

In theory adding a tranny cooler to a tranny cooler would work to keep it cool, but unless you're doing the Paris-Dakar Rally, its not really necessary.

If you want the peace of mind, by all means do it, but I see no need for a secondary when the primary is designed to do sufficient cooling of the fluid.

An oil cooler, on the other hand, probably wouldn't be a bad idea. There's kits for the 94-97 Accords, and if they use the same basic F series block as the 90-93s it should in theory work on a 90-93, and not just a 94-97.

Just my $0.02.
          Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
          2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
          2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
          2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate
            In theory adding a tranny cooler to a tranny cooler would work to keep it cool, but unless you're doing the Paris-Dakar Rally, its not really necessary.

If you want the peace of mind, by all means do it, but I see no need for a secondary when the primary is designed to do sufficient cooling of the fluid.

An oil cooler, on the other hand, probably wouldn't be a bad idea. There's kits for the 94-97 Accords, and if they use the same basic F series block as the 90-93s it should in theory work on a 90-93, and not just a 94-97.

Just my $0.02.

i agree

H22 comin very soon

Comment

Working...
            X