No announcement yet.

shaking problem take 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

today i was driving. on the road i can hear clank clank clank..like metal to metal..not necessaraly on bumps though...yet if i put it in neutral it wont make the sound but if it rev to 2k it will

its making this sound more, imma look into changing htat ball joint...
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

some guy had the same problem, diag the same way i did

it was his drive shaft....axle...so thats what imma do =)
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

still havent fixed it...

kinda worse now...

i hold the axle it goes away...

but i go over a bump i hear a clank..so WTF is it...ball joint or axle??

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Take it in

Yo, if you have a shop you trust take it in and let them look at it. If you want to do the work yourself that's cool, but the shop will be able to tell you exactly what you need to replace. It might cost you som e dinero to have them diagnose the problem, but that's life. Find out what's wrong and then you can fix it. Or, if you are going to have a shop fix it anyway, let them figure out what the problem is and fix it because any reputable shop guarantees that their work will satisfy you.

Comment

ok today i put that shit in drive...car just started hoppin and jerkin like i didnt know how to use a clutch BUT ITS A AUTO!

it never happend again..but wtf.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

ok today i was slamming the car around and now the problems are gone.

but i think yesterday it stopped cause i didnt notice a bang on startup today.

yesterday i had the problem till i washed my engine...then i didnt hear a thing...so iono what solved it, but all i know that it is ok for now.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Yo, get that ball joint fixed NOW. My brother has a 91 ex, about a year ago his wheel fell off pulling out of taco bell, no sh*t. Before that he knew somthing was wrong but did not get it checked out. The wheel did'nt fall off it actually collapsed up into the wheel well, the wheel was sitting at like a 45 degree angle(major neg. camber lol)afterword. Luckly he was just pulling out into the street and not going 70MPH down the interstate. Just lookin out for ya kid. peace.
                Last edited by Kdub; 09-08-2004, 10:53 PM.

Comment

OK, I just called my brother to see if there is anything I missed. His was doing the same stuff yours is doing. Metal to metal, vibration, clank, all that. I asked him if it was the lower ball joint or the axel, and he said both. I figure the lower ball joint went out and took the CV-joint(axel) with it. or maybe vise versa. Both had to be repaired at the shop. I also found out the tire was not at a 45 degree angle, it was laying on the ground face up, half in the wheel well half out, and the front left of the car was on the ground. There was snow on the road when it gave out(you would think snow would be more forgiving,maybe not?). I should of asked him how long it took from when he first noticed it, until it actually gave out. I'll ask him tomorrow. I'm going to see if he still has the bill too, to see if there were any other bad parts. PLEASE be careful. Infact I'd go as far to say, don't drive it. Hopfully this is not your problem, but it sounds so similir it's scary. I'll keep you posted. Late.
                  Last edited by Kdub; 09-08-2004, 11:28 PM.

Comment

thanks dude for watching out for me, yea let me know whats up.

i been going about 100 every day and drove about 4k on this issue. also turning into turns like crazy.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Well, when that ball joint fails, you'll definately know it. Safety first- change it out.
                      Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                      2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                      2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                      2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

i did something someone asked me to do.

i wobbled it from top to bottom but nothing, but then left and right, in and out it had about less than a MM of play...does that mean my ball joints?

how much do those go for?

is there a kit i can buy that will last me hella long for all the ball joints?

but dude...all the ball joints looks as though it is melted into the frame

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Hey I found these balljoints on ebay:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33580 There is some other ones on there to, search for honda balljoint and ball joint. I 'm pretty sure you have to press the old ones out, and have the new ones pressed into the lower control arm
                          Last edited by Kdub; 09-09-2004, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X