shaking problem take 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shaking problem take 2

well today i had my car in idle...started to slowly revv...then i felt vibrations..im like humm...so i revved higher and a bit hard

then i heard BOOM...im like oh shit wtf...didnt see ne thing wrong...still drove fine. but i get a pretty weird vibration when i rev to like 2k rpm alot more at 2.4 rpms...its not like a stutter..its like basically u takin ga vibrator and putting it to ur face (shutup im trying to describe)

what can this be?

all motor mounts are fine...car runs great and shifts great. all fluids are ok as well.

if u sit in the drivers seat u can feel it massaging ur back pretty well....outside the car u cant hear anything

please let it be the rear control mount...help!

edit: i just rememberd that i ran with like no tranny fluid on the stick....then when i came back i felt vibrations.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

youve rubbed a vibrator on your face?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

hahah be serious! i told u im just trying to explain u nasty fo.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

did i mention i love slutty girls?
        Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/show...ight=vibration

this is almost my problem...but it happends when its cold too..i just tried it.

will check in the morning if anything changes.

****man dudes fuken hormones****

Retro!

Hater

Comment

hopefully its just a mufler. check the mounts and the mufler itself.
            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

opened the distriibitor cap to find my rotor wobbly...it was like almost out of its spot with the metal thng that holds it just dinking around in there

it damaged one of the leads on the distribitor cap and the rotor itself

i pushed it back in for now so i can buy another, started it and it was the same.

im going to buy another one today

exaust bolts huh....i cant hear it outside but its worht a shot

im really hoping its my motor mounts some how.

someone in another forum said i blew a rod....feels the same to me.

should i get new spark plug wires too? mine are a bit brown inside

Retro!

Hater

Comment

ok check this out. at idle i feel a vibration...but with the ac on and in gera i can feel it...and hear it by the glove box, something jittering under there.

so i come out of the car...and listen around..i see the engine kinda shaking..but then i hear a kinda tapping sound...so i put my head inside the wheel well area and to find that the sound is in there. if i hold the tire the sound goes away...

now im thinking a ball joint went out cause i hear a clank when i step on the gas sometimes....either a ball joint or a pretty important bushing blew up.

i changed cap and rotor today, runs better didnt change ne thing.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Get your ball joint replaced immediately if that's what it is. Very dangerous to drive with worn out ones.

Comment

look what i found, that was done about 1 month ago..my uncle accidently squeezed some juice out of it.

but listen to this. i tried to re-create the problem with the wheel off the ground but i can never see or feel the problem..i can only hear it..

then i put the car back on the ground. made the sound happen, put it in gear with the ac on (load makes it happen more) and then i hear it...

so i go under the car and start looking, i see nothing vibrating but the tranny...

then i pull the axle shaft towards the front of the car to hear the vibration stop...i kept doing it, the sounds went away and vibration stopped everytime i pulled it to the front of the car.

the axle is pretty tight, i just had to support it by pulling it.

now i know that lower ball joint is something to look at but i dont think its a direct cause for this problem...i think somewhere where it holds the axles in the transmission is my problem.

=/

Retro!

Hater

Comment

You checked for a broken crank pulley?

Comment

damn dude, thats a tough one.....noise and vibration issues are hard enough to diagnose in person, let alone over the internet. Didn't you just have your timing belt changed? if so, one or both of the countershafts could be out of time, this can cause some bad vibrations at idle. This is easy to check tho, pull off the valve cover and upper timing cover, set the engine to TDC, then with a flashlight just look down at the countershaft and see if the marks are lined up. Lets see.....what else....oh, are you sure all your mounts are good? even the rear? Is it getting vacuum like it should? Just a couple ideas....let me know what you find out.
                        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

i checked the mounts, ill see if i can test the rear mount control tomorrow.

thanks mrhonda...finally got a hold of you.

well my timming belt and balancer was re-done about a monnth ago cause i had my cam shaft seal done. the water pump is only a year old. i changed the belts cuase it was drenched in oil, at the same time got a lower tube seals done, valve adjustment etc.

this only started happening after i ran with like low low low tranny fluid, not registering on the dipstick, i ran for 3 miles.

if it is something u think it is, the timming belt area which ill check...how come when i pull on the axle the noise stops?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

The reason I ask is because alot of poeple (and some shops) don't time the countershafts properly when they replace the t-belt, so check that out just to be sure. However, if it started when you ran extremely low on tranny fluid then its quite possible that its an internal transmission problem, especially if the noise stops when you grab the axle. That would be my guess(I hope I'm wrong) based on the info you have given me. Before you go replacing anything tho, get an opinion from someone in person who can actually look at it. Well, good luck dude.
                            00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

thanks

a little more input here...

when i went over a bump...kinda harsh..it felt like my whole side that is vibrating fell off cause i heard a CLANK...im like OH SHIT WTF....

i think imma get that ball joint fixed.

but is it reasonable that the ball joint cause that? someone on superhonda said that it was their lower ball joints that caused this...

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                              X