valve spring compressors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

valve spring compressors

From the experts what is the best valve spring compressor to use for a Honda/F22a engine? The one I am currently using is a piece of shit that looks like Dora the explorer made it to use on her engine with giant azz valves. Works just fine on a plymouth acclaim. On the Honda though its a PITA. No problem on the exhaust side, but I am catching hell on the intake side. I actually compressed one of the intake valve springs for the no.1 cylinder myself. Six down ten to go. This is taking too long. Last time I did this it was cake, but i cant remember which compressor it was. Anyone?

we use a C type clamp spring compressor but thats with the head off.

btw: there's 16 valves not ten.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
      btw: there's 16 valves not ten.
      6 down + 10 to go = 16.
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
        6 down + 10 to go = 16.
        lol

Anyway thanx fellaz. I am using one of these. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=92900 I just broke the tabs off the compressor part and beat it down to bring the ends closer toghether. It works grat now. Had to modify it a lil.

Comment

http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/SP-91400A.html

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
            6 down + 10 to go = 16.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Me and my buddy used a 13/16 plug socket and smacked the fuck out of it with a mini sledge, but that is only to get bad valves out.

we cut the 13/16 socket and made two openings, then we have a tool we made to fit in our drill press to push them down and use scissors to pull out or put in the retainer wedges. I will try to get some pics when we put the valves in his head.
              vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

if you have a checkers near you there selling a compressor for $40 it works great

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread
                Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Great product, Thats one I currently own

Comment

Working...
                  X