LPG Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LPG Conversion

hey people my car is being converted to run on LPG at the moment because of the high petrol prices, i've done a bit of reading and it says LPG is rated at 110 octane. would i see any gains if they tune my motor to run at 110 octane? apart from that im concerned about the possible power loses which are around 1-3%, i noticed they put in a mixer style flange somewhere between the intake tube, this may be fine for a ram air effect while running on gas but if i flicked it to petrol will it run real shitty because of the air flow obstruction? thanks

Click here to see my ride!

is lpg anything like ethanol?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

LPG is liquefied petroleum gas which is a mixture of propane and butane.

Click here to see my ride!

Comment

LPG = Liquefied Petroleum Gas.

Its a mixture of hydrocarbon gases used as a fuel in heating appliances and vehicles, and increasingly replacing chlorofluorocarbons as an aerosol propellant and a refrigerant to reduce damage to the ozone layer.

Wikipedia FTW. lol.
        -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
        newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
        newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
        newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

haha wiki.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

We have CB7 (USDM 92 Accord EX) have been coverted to LPG.
            Pretty easy modification.
            Any way, Korean law allows LPG cars for handicapped and renter car.
            For SUV, trucks, mini-van, no limitation for regular owners.
            (Need to attend 3~4 hour LPG safety care education.)
            Last edited by accordmaniac; 11-21-2007, 09:11 AM.
            1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
            2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
            3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
            4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
            5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

I'm pretty sure LPG isn't as efficient as gasoline or something...takes more of it to get the same power as gas...or something...

110 octane may be true but that just means it burns cooler...so...yeah...less power...I think...

Do I sound sure?
              ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
                I'm pretty sure LPG isn't as efficient as gasoline or something...takes more of it to get the same power as gas...or something...

110 octane may be true but that just means it burns cooler...so...yeah...less power...I think...

Do I sound sure?
                It burns much hotter.

Also oil color change to clear dark purple.
                1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Working...
                X