wide or narrow band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wide or narrow band

k so i havent been able to find anything about this but... i have a a/f gauge and its a narrow band gauge i figured the guy i bought my car off didnt put in wide band and he doesn't know.
    but when i am driving normally its reading all over the place. and if i try and gun it it will light up every light. would this mean that i have a wide band sensor?

A narrowband, aka stock o2 sensor reads rich, lean, or stoich. Nothing else. It doesn't know if it's off by .1 or 4 afr's.

A wideband reads everything from 0-5v.

All YOU have is a useless, ricer gauge. Nothing more. That gauge you have is hooked up directly to your o2 sensor.

It's useless.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Hey, I have one of those guages... It's not ricer. State of Ohio counted towards my emissions exemption amount. We had to spend $200 or fix the problem that caused the failure, which ever came first. Either way, we'd get the certificate to renew our tags. That is the only reason why the thing is on my car. It hasn't worked in a couple years.

But yes, it's useless. Wideband FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy

A narrowband, aka stock o2 sensor reads rich, lean, or stoich. Nothing else. It doesn't know if it's off by .1 or 4 afr's.

A wideband reads everything from 0-5v.

All YOU have is a useless, ricer gauge. Nothing more. That gauge you have is hooked up directly to your o2 sensor.

It's useless.
        Good info FTW.

Comment

Working...
        X