Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F22 Clutch bell housing bolt up with H22 transmission bell housing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22 Clutch bell housing bolt up with H22 transmission bell housing?

OK so tonight after what seems to be a freak accident the differential in my H22 transmission broke something off it and blew a huge chunk out of my h22 transmission clutch bell housing, but I am wonder if I can use a f22 clutch bell housing in its place considering finding a cheap f22 tranny is easy then finding a cheap h22 tranny just for the clutch bell housing!

So will a F22 Clutch bell housing bolt up with H22 transmission bell housing?

My members ride thread:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=64358
    Originally posted by Dr. Emmett Brown
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."

It should as I replied to the regionals lol. I would think they do since both transmissions are bolt on and interchangeable. The only difference I would worry about is the bolt pattern that holds the bellhousing on.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

well if it blew the hole in the differential housing then i would think that something broke inside causing it to that.

i would suggest just buying a tranny. it will most likely cost your more labor in just switching housing than just replacing it.
      Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
        well if it blew the hole in the differential housing then i would think that something broke inside causing it to that.

i would suggest just buying a tranny. it will most likely cost your more labor in just switching housing than just replacing it.
        x's 2. just get another trans.
        The beginning of a new era............................
        165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
        184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Actually I would do all the work myself!
          I never pay anyone to work on my cars, after getting screwed over years ago from a "SO CALLED H22 EXPERT SHOP" they didnt know shit! The work is not the problem, i know the bolt pattern on the clutch to flywheel side is the same and since the open diff. was the main culprit in the issue at hand.
          I highly doubt the gearing is damaged since I had to drive the car home from my friends house 7 miles away from my house with a cracked clutch bell housing and an exposed differential and she shifted perfect and drove smooth, till the end where the differential started to grind hard because of lack of oil.
          I all I need I believe is a new diff (which gives me a prefect opportunity to change to LCD) and a new clutch bell housing.
          Since no one here is 100% sure I will try it and see what happens!
          H22 transmission are usually 700+ sellers so I figure $700 toward a LCD tranny is better the $700 toward a stock P.O.S. tranny with no LCD!

My members ride thread:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=64358
          Originally posted by Dr. Emmett Brown
          "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."

Comment

Working...
          X