Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The importance of an IAB controller!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris2388 View Post

So I do not need the Intake control solenoid valve at the bottom left of this diagram with the #8 vacuum line going to the top of the intake??

I only need to wire the Bypass control solenoid valve at the top right of the diagram with the #12 and 13 lines going to it??
    Correct, the one on the bottom is only if your going to use the entire OEM air intake system.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Ok thank you I have been trying to figure that out for a while now.

Now on a side note is the plug for the black box hard to reach I was just outside trying to feel under my intake and could not feel where the plug goes? I was reaching under between the brake booster and the intake.
      92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Comment

Now on a side note is the plug for the black box hard to reach I was just outside trying to feel under my intake and could not feel where the plug goes? I was reaching under between the brake booster and the intake.
        What pug? If you have an a1/4 the control plug for the box isnt there. If your talking about the vacuum connection, there are 2 plugged nipples on the back of the IM that the box hooks to.
        Last edited by dj_ender; 09-21-2011, 11:39 PM.
        Originally posted by Mishakol129
        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post

The little box near the intake controls a little flapper in the stock intake. its designed to reduce intake noise at a low rpm.
          Like tippey said, the control box near the bottom left of the diagram is only there to reduce intake noise and has nothing to do with the IAB activation.

If you're like many of us, you've already removed the stock intake box and accompanying equipment and replaced it with a short ram or cold air intake system. So the flapper box will most likely be of no use to you unless you wish your intake to be quieter.
          Last edited by islandhopper; 09-22-2011, 12:04 AM.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Are you referring to the electrical connector or the vacuum lines?

In either case, going at it from under the car, while more involved, will give you better access and visibility to that portion of the intake manifold.
            Last edited by islandhopper; 09-22-2011, 12:04 AM.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Sorry I forgot to clarify I meant the electrical connector.
              92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Comment

Now to make it easy for everyone else who will one day be wondering about this, should I do a DIY on wireing up the IABs????
                92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Comment

Do it.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Ok im gonna make a DIY on how to get the IABs to work. I just went to the junk yark and got the correct electical plug. and also cut off a nice 4" section of the ecu plug so I can do a photo by photo DIY on unpinning the pin.
                    92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Comment

Working...
                    X