Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The importance of an IAB controller!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckChoklit
    I'm still new to the H23 on the F22 and all so I'm still learning. What I'm understanding is that for the secondary butterflies to open at a proper time, it's got to be hooked up to the IAB which needs to be wired into a chipped ECU?
    ...There are factors. Do you have a chipped ECU in the first place. Second of all if you dont you need an ECU that will open IAB. The IAB has a black box as it is referred to underneath the IM with vac lines hooked to it. It opens at a certain rpm so you still retain low end and opens past 5300 or so for h22. I dunno what it was for the F probably 4500 ish.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

when i had 'em hook up on w/ my pt6, they'd open at 3500ish

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
      My Ride thread
      Flickr
      Originally posted by d112crzy
      And it can only get better. That's the best part.
      All I gotta really say is:
      People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
        ...There are factors. Do you have a chipped ECU in the first place. Second of all if you dont you need an ECU that will open IAB. The IAB has a black box as it is referred to underneath the IM with vac lines hooked to it. It opens at a certain rpm so you still retain low end and opens past 5300 or so for h22. I dunno what it was for the F probably 4500 ish.
        the black box is a solenoid, activated by the ecu.

You do need an ecu that will activate the IAB when you have a black box.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i love my h23 intake manifold... it has caused a lot of headaches and time, but those were my mistakes... the power difference is way noticeable.

Member Ride Facebook
          XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
          SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
          For Sale Thread

Comment

Nice videos, never thought to just run a spare IAB right in the cab.

Unless I can get an A6 ECU (that's the pt6, right? been awhile) for less than, say, $50...I'll just leave it with direct vacuum control. That is...if I ever get around to installing the H23 IM
            Last edited by Otto; 11-19-2007, 12:29 PM.
            Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

just do it already, its easy, i waited for almost 1/2 a year, after i was done i was pissed for waiting for so long.

Member Ride Facebook
              XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
              SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
              For Sale Thread

Comment

damn honda fan revs at 7800k
                on a single cammmmmmmmm jajajajaja

either way
                i have a wide band

and also the pt6 after 4k it sends more fuel into the engine

u can see d mix, float at 1/2 throttle and after it passes 4k it goes to rich
                al the way
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7
                  damn honda fan revs at 7800k
                  on a single cammmmmmmmm jajajajaja

either way
                  i have a wide band

and also the pt6 after 4k it sends more fuel into the engine

u can see d mix, float at 1/2 throttle and after it passes 4k it goes to rich
                  al the way
                  that made no sense
                  wat?

Comment

well
                    iabs open from 3-4k rpms
                    right?

with the wideband i noticed that after 4k the computer send more fuel into the system, thats why u feel alotta difference after 4k

by leaving the without the box the the jus open

whenever u WOT

did u uunderstand now?

Comment

No...and you most likely got one of those dummy LED gauges instead of a real AF gauge.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ok ma bad buddy
                        i dont have to prove anything to u

its a real AEM wide band
                        trustme
                        i wont pay 200$
                        for a dummy light that goes up and down

also dummylights plug into ur o2

i had to make another hole for the o2 sensor wideband
                        and it does richen the mixture
                        after 4k

Comment

The PT6 definitely has a slightly different fuel curve than the PT3 to compliment the different cam and IM in the EX accord. So yes, whenever it grounds pin 17 to open the IAB's it begins sending more fuel than the PT3 normally would at that same rpm....more air needs more fuel to have a proper mixture.
                          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

When I got my intake manifold I got the vacuum switching valve from the firewall...and the black box was under the plenum. Hell I got the egr valve too...I just ganked the whole assembly and anything connected to it...well besides the engine of course...just to make sure I had everything I'de need.

I thought that the firewall vsv operated the valves though, coulda sworn it goes to them.

Oh well I also have the ecu so I will be hooking that up...thurs perhaps??

I was thinking about just hooking it up with vacuum line...but I've played with the vacuum/pressure via in cab vacuum line and it doesn't take much throttle play to drop the vacuum...

You guys are absolutely right, those valves REALLY need that controller to work right. Can't wait to get mine on...got the intake gaskets today...whoo hooo.
                            ____

Comment

well i'm gonna do this swap soon just waiting on new gasket set. i bought my pt6 ecu off another member. after reading all of this i wonder while i still have my junker if i should try and take the whole wire set up from aib control, 2 the ecu and wire it in. wonder how hard that would b and after that they should work wright.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85
                                For all of you who have your secondaries controlled directly with a vacuum line: I took a long piece of tube and watched my secondaries as I was driving, and direct vacuum controlled is definitely robbing you of power unless you're WOT all the time......check these out.

Video 1

video 2 - shows valves a little better

I had the valves opening all the way on moderate acceleration in 2nd and 3rd as low as 2000rpm-redline. My deduction is that hooking the controller directly to the manifold will make your bottom end suffer because you don't have good flow velocity to mix the fuel up well.

This has to be the most impressive and best visual video i've seen on CB7tuner this year in regards to performance tech. Good research man! Seeing is believing rather than Honda-tech style word of mouth.
                                I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                                707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                                "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                                '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Working...
                                X