transmission filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transmission filter

are you guys sure we don't have a trans filter because at advanced auto parts they have one for our cars.
    kyle turner
    [img]june21004[img]

..only automatic trannies have filters
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

how do u change it?
      kyle turner
      [img]june21004[img]

Comment

u dont its a screen....only when ur tranny goes down.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

u can't change the filter on our auto tranny. u hae to take it off then open it up and do that shit. they call it an internal filter or whatever.

i have a fucked up tranny in my basement. i will open to see how the filter on that bitch is.
          are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Don't worry about the filter, just change your automatic or manual trans. oils/fluids when you're supposed to (~ 30,000 miles ) and you'll be fine.

Automatic:

Dexron/Mercon III ATF ( I use Valvoline)

Manual:

10W-40 motor oil (I used Valvoline for this as well) or Pennzoil Synchromesh (haven't tried it, but heard good things from many people).

Note: In doing what I stated above, I've had no issues with trannies in both our 90 EX (manual) and 91 SE Accords (auto).
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

i change mine everyy 12 to 15k.

due to the fact that it shifts differnt aroun there...its cheap and fun =)
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

well i work as a pizza driver so ichange the tranny fluid every 10k and engine oil every 2k.

yo is it a problem if u change the tranny fluid that often????

Comment

Its been proven for motor oil, if you go on long drives all the time(freeway miles), that you can do oil changes ever 4.5k miles

and if you do alot of intown driving you should change it every 2k miles....

as far as the tranny fluid... ihave no idea.. 10k sounds good to me
                  H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

The Haynes manual intervals are 3K for motor oil and 30k for ATF, and the official Honda intervals are longer. So 10-15k for ATF is a little over doing it for normal driving.

Comment

Originally posted by OM617
                      The Haynes manual intervals are 3K for motor oil and 30k for ATF, and the official Honda intervals are longer. So 10-15k for ATF is a little over doing it for normal driving.

well dude i work as a pizza delivery. all i do is drive all afternoon. this is intown. which means a lot of fucking stop signs and lights.

Comment

Working...
                      X