Squeak prob.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squeak prob.

I have this horrible squeak in the back of my car when I am driving. It is a weird chirping squeaky noise that happens every time the base in my sub hits or when I hit a bump in the road. It sounds like two pieces of metal rubbing against each other. When I am on the 4 lane sometimes it constantly squeaks. It drives me CRAZY ! Has this happened to anyone else? And it was like that Before I installed my sub so that's not it..... soooooooo any suggestions ?
    Accords Rock!

My Ride!

I had a squeak when I turned on my old car. Turns out my rear pads were worn. But yea lol I could only hear it low speed. Is the squeak constant? Does it get louder when you go faster?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

No I don't think it has anything to do with the breaks because the sub woofer makes it squeak when the bass hits? I think it is coming from the back of the car somewhere? It randomly squeaks like when I am at slow speeds it only squeaks when I hit a bumpy part in the road or when the bass hits. On the 4 lane at 60 occasionally it will relentlessly squeak at completely random times. And again I think it is coming from the back seat area somewhere?
      It has also been doing this for as long as I can remember and here recently it has gotten worse. I have had the breaks changed and rotors turned on all 4 wheels after I have heard this.

Thanks for the help! I may try and get a sound clip of it one day! Any other Ideas?
      Accords Rock!

My Ride!

Comment

My car had a very annoying squeak that was originating in the rear, like you described. It turned out that the speaker housings in the rear deck were loose and the studs were rubbing the mount holes creating the squeak. Make sure all the nuts that hold the speakers in are tightened down and see if that helps.
        http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord
          My car had a very annoying squeak that was originating in the rear, like you described. It turned out that the speaker housings in the rear deck were loose and the studs were rubbing the mount holes creating the squeak. Make sure all the nuts that hold the speakers in are tightened down and see if that helps.
          Yep, I've had that happen!

Another thing it could be is those metal cross bars (I think they are used to support the heavy ass trunk lid), sometimes they will move around and make one hell of a squeaking noise.

Comment

check where the springs are seated into the struts, there is rubber in there that could have worked out.

DaddyC
            Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

I think I figured it out.... I have after market speakers in my rear deck that have huge magnets on them. they where rubbing against the metal crossbars. I just wedged some rubber weather stripping between them and I didn't hear the sound on my way to school today. Thanks for the help!
              Accords Rock!

My Ride!

Comment

Working...
              X