Need Help With Oil Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help With Oil Leak

ok, i have an oil leak right under the distributor, parallel to the top bolt that hold in the distributor.

i kno the first thing someone might say that happens all the time just put a seal, O ring around it.

thing is......i ve dont that, leak 5 times and used gasket maker but it still leaks, and its not one of the slow leaks that dont bother u, its a constent leak (while the cars on)

i can lose half of my oil thats in the car in a days driving.

any one have a clue on what to do before i take it to the shop?

thanks
    NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

so why didnt u replace the o-ring in the distribitor and not put sealant...replace it all first....

are u sure its not oozin from the valve cover gasket?
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

im saying ive done both, tried O rings like 3 times and gasket maker 3 times.

is right under the ditributor, when u pull it off u can see where the leak is running out.
      i got the distributor of my junk accord, but the distributor i had on there at first was fine, didnt have the leak even without O rings and or gasket maker so i wonder if its that.
      NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

do they leak right after u replace the seals or takes some time?

umm...what seals are u using, oem?
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

nope just a regular O ring
          but right now i have just gasket maker around it.

it only leaks if its reved, so basically when i drive.

i added oil today (it was low) drove it for i say about 15minutes and lost 1/4 of it, and it was full.
          this shits just killing because i cant even enjoy my car

but is there a OEM distributor seal?
          if so, im going to honda tomorrow to get one.
          NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

im not saying that it is cause its oem or not...

ahaha all parts for the honda have a oem replacement...

i mean its worth a shot with all the oil that ur leaking...sometimes aftermarket gaskets arent the best or they give u the wrong part time and again...

its woth a shot i guess....ne one else have an opinion.?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

im gona try another distributor, one from my stock accord. i mean this never happened before with the original distributor, even without an O ring or whatever, never leaked.

until i used this distributor fro my junk accord, which is a 92 and the one with a leaks a 90

maybe the surface on the distributors not flat, might be pushed in a little, causing the oil leak.

o, but thanks accordztech, preciate the help
              NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

well im gona try another distributor.
                im thinking it has something to do with the one i have on there.

i never had the problem before until i change it to this one and its been doing it sense (about 2 months)
                and another thing, this distributor was on my junk accord at first (was my mothers car till the tranny went), and i just remember her havent to put oil in it just about every week because it would be low

so im a give it a try this afternoon
                NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

I was going to say, but it seems like you've already gone in that direction. If you have replaced O-rings and used gasket maker already, it's prolly the distributor itself. It's out-of-round, warped and/or damaged somehow.

Why did you change the distributor out if the original was fine? Just wondering....

Anything new on your project Accord Theo?
                  HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Whats up Fran..
                    But yeah I think its out of round, I change it because I thought my old one had went bad (2 months ago, if u can remember, when my car would start).

But it turned out to be my main relay and ignition timing was off, so when I thought this I just change the distributor and didn’t think anything about it.
                    NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Seems like you have an easy fix then
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

well........

ITS FIXED...lol

no more leak

it was the distributor...out of round., unhooked my msd set up and thru on the other distributor and its no more leaks!

gona wire the msd to this distributor this weekend.

why is it that all the stuff that never happens to n e one here always happen to me....lol

but i dont mine cause then i can give info or what to look for and fix

always looking to help the cb7 fam
                        NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Working...
                        X