OIL question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OIL question

i no there are a buch of oil threads but i searched and didnt find my answer....before I did my swap i used maxlife synthtic oil it had 255xxx miles on it....the motor im putting in now has 65,000 miles should i use maxlife or maxlife synthetic.or just 10w 30

whatever you prefer.
    The beginning of a new era............................
    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

max life is just thicker...personally, i just use regular dino oil.

my old engine with 225k had castyrol GTX and i was running it pretty hard
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

since you only have 65K, synthetic would be a good oil for it. It probably wont cause any leaks or anything since the engine has relatively low mileage. Synthetic helps w/ power and mpg also.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

dont use maxlife. go with castrol gtx.
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Since you live in New Jersey, cold winters. I'd run 5W-30 all year round for simplicity. You choose what you can afford on what type of oil (regular or synthetic) and what type of driving you do mostly (city or HWY).

I go by these rules for a healthy motor (does not consume much oil):

Regular oil - change every 3000 for mostly city/5000 for mostly HWY

Synthetic oil - change every 5000 for mostly city/7500 for mostly HWY

NOTE: If your motor consumes more than 1qt of oil every oil change, I would stick to changing the oil every 3000-5000 miles max, in addition to keeping the oil level above minimal. If your motor is healthy and consumes less than 1qt per oil change, use the rules listed above. Keep in mind the more you consistently high rev your motor between oil changes, the more you may consume, this is considered in the statements above atleast from my experience.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
              Since you live in New Jersey, cold winters. I'd run 5W-30 all year round for simplicity. You choose what you can afford on what type of oil (regular or synthetic) and what type of driving you do mostly (city or HWY).

NOTE: If your motor consumes more than 1qt of oil every oil change, I would stick to changing the oil every 3000-5000 miles max, in addition to keeping the oil level above minimal. If your motor is healthy and consumes less than 1qt per oil change, use the rules listed above. Keep in mind the more you consistently high rev your motor between oil changes, the more you may consume, this is considered in the statements above atleast from my experience.
              Good info! Based on my experience, some of the best oil to use, if you do a lot of high RPM driving would be a synthetic blend. Quaker State makes a specifically "High RPM" formula that is a synthetic blend, and I'm planning on trying it next time I change my oil. Because of a review I read, I'm running Valvoline DuraBlend right now, and it seems to be doing alright, but I guess I won't know until I change my oil again.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81

ok thanks alot im goning to go with 5w-30 than prolly just regular oil since money is really tight

Comment

Working...
                X