The One Wheel spin question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The One Wheel spin question

OK, I have a f22b dohc with 94 us vtec accord ex tranny. I've always had problems with launching properly since this new motor and tranny combo and I thought that it was just that the motor was more powerful than stock cb7's. Anyway, i would launch as low as 2500-3000 rpm and spin like crazy. It wasnt until I did half a block of burnout that I saw a track made from the right tire only. So then I figured out why I launch and chirp like its wet outside. I know these trannies have open diff but I've seen a few accords from 90-97 that both wheels spin. Ive even read on here where some people say they only have one wheel spin and some say they have both. What the hell causes this phenomenon??, doesnt sound like anything is broken else the car wouldnt run. I have a friend with a 92DX and 96 EX US Accord vtec tranny. Both his wheels spin and now I understand why he was able to keep up with me first and second gear. I had a thread on a race we had about a month ago, maybe some of you recall, about how he was able to keep up with me in 1st and 2nd, I think this is the reason why. I anyone can explain to me if this is how the tranny is supposed to work, if not then why??. And if something may be broken or wrong with tranny. Please no explanation on limited slip, thats not the case here I beleive. Thanx
    Last edited by CBAccordA4; 11-06-2007, 11:33 AM. Reason: spelling
    FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
    Pm meX
    I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
    H22A Swap
    I'm 'THE STIG'

ITs all in the driver...I can make my m2s4 spin both wheels and its open diff...Either way I think you are launching too low.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

It has to do with the differential and the conditions of the surfaces you're driving on. With an open diff, it's going to transfer the power to the wheel with the least resistance. An LSD or ATB will send more torque to both wheels but in a case where one wheel is spinning, it will send more power to the wheel with more traction.

Comment

lol i launch around 3700 spin both just fine dunno why. My old a6 did the one wheel peel though most of the time.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

tire pressure and tire tread about the same?
          -:¦:-
          Originally posted by wed3k
          i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN
            tire pressure and tire tread about the same?
            x2

plus if you've already burnt out the way you say... they're DEF. uneven, which is a really big cause for that

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
            My Ride thread
            Flickr
            Originally posted by d112crzy
            And it can only get better. That's the best part.
            All I gotta really say is:
            People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

tire pressure and thread are even, tires are only a month old. And I used to try and launch higher but too much spin. I guess I just got to practice launching with one wheel until I get the LSD tranny. Nail05 you said that you get both tires to spin like there is some sort of technique to get both wheels to spin, is that what you meant?
              Pm meX

MY WHIP
              H22A Swap
              I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Not that I know of. I just dont dump the clutch. DUmping the clutch will cause spin like a mofo I used to do that.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i slip my clutch and i get a little bit of spin but i dont just sit there and spin tire.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Guess I got to get my clutch game up
                    Pm meX

MY WHIP
                    H22A Swap
                    I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Working...
                    X