cleaning cat converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cleaning cat converter

i have to go for my emmissions (sp) test tommorrow and i'm blowing black carbon smoke at higher rpms,i was wondering if theres a way to clean out my stock cat converter without ruining it.i am taking it off tommorrow morning to see if its clogged,i dont feel like buying a new or used one so does anyone know how to tell if its clogged and a way to clean them out.thanks.

anyone know if theres something i can flush through the cat.maybe its not even doable i dont know.lol. again i am taking it off to clean i dont want to run any additives that you put in the gas.they never work.

Comment

billy :owned:

Comment

Mine's doing the same thing as yours, black smoke at high rpms...I also have blue smoke at high rpm's but thats from me burning oil. Wish I could help but I'm looking for a possible easy fix or anything that would help it too.

Comment

i dont have blue just black.i thought it was from runnin rich but it is runnin fine,my cat is 13 yrs old,if ya find anything out holla.

Comment

black isnt bad, white is..

just run it on the freeway for 30 minutes....

u cleaned ur egr ports so u should be fine, either than the HC that may show up if u fail which is ur distribitor cap and rotor.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

black yellow white red whetever colour the smoke is,,,, there is something wrong with the engine. it has black smoke when u floor it right???? i had the same problem with both of my hondas. u are burning rich at high rpms.

don't worry about passing the emition. i has ur problem and my car burned oil and i still passed the emitions for the past 3 years.
              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

cool thanks man

Comment

Yeah my car burns oil, smokes blue and blak smoke at high rpm's, and it passed emissions with flying colors. my friend was driving behind me tonight and said he was getting pissed off cuz my car was making all these weird smells.

Comment

Working...
                  X