ebay header question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebay header question

well i orderd a ebay header for my ex accord,but i just noticed in the pics of the header that the o2 sensor is on the top of the header,i have an ex so mine is lower down near theflex pipe area.....did i order the wrong one? it said it fit all models.does it come with both o2 sensor hook ups? plese help asap.thanks.what happens to the left over o2 sensor if it does come with both,do they give me a plug of some sort? damn i hope my o2sensor will work with this header.

Last I checked, the 02 sensor needs to be placed where all four cylinders are one pipe. On the EX exhaust manifold, they did not combine till closer to the flexpipe, so that is where the 02 sensor went. On the LX design, the 02 sensor was able to be higher up, since all four combined before bolting to the lower exhaust pipe of the OEM header. If the header you bought of e-bay has an 02 sensor housing that has the sensor reading anything less than all cylinders, then your engine's gonna run all funked up.

Comment

damn iguess i orderd the wrong one,i emailed the seller but no response yet.has anyone on here bought aebay header? if so please let me know if the header iorderd will work with my car.my o2 sensor is located right before the flex pipe.i hope they comewith both if not i'm fucked.

Comment

it will probably work, lets see a pic of it.

Comment

heres the pic,now my o2 sensor is down near the flex pipe because4 i have an ex,the lx and dx have them on the top of the header like in this pic.i think i orderd the wrong one but they all look like this.

Comment

I got the impression that they have 2 places for them.. Thats what someone told me or I read on a forum before.. I wouldnt worry about it too much.

Comment

i dont see another place for mine inthat pic though. on my ex the o2sensor is right behind that flex pipe and there is no spot in that pic. unless i'm blind.thanks

Comment

if anyone on here has purchased an ebay header for there ex please let me know if it had the right o2 sensor.thanks.

Comment

bump

Comment

u can probably put it there, wait till u get urs usually they are differnt than the ones in the picture.

if so though get a plate and cover the wrong one for the lx and then drill a hole for the ex o2 sensor.
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i'll see what happens,hopefully it will work.thanks.

Comment

Yeah LX, DX have the o2 in the primeries(SP) and ex in the down pipe. Now on the Dc sports headers they have the two different ones and you can plug which ever one you dont need. Im just gona step out on the lim here and say that you can still use it, just zip tie the extra cord somewhere were its not in the way...
                        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

ya i orderd the dc "style" header,but in the pic i cant see the ex o2 sensor hole but maybe i wont get the one in the pic. how do you know that dc styl comes with both o2 hook ups? i hope your right bro.thanks.

Comment

ive seen the real Dc sports one with two bungholes... not the fake one off ebay
                            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                              X