oil out of exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil out of exhaust

ok.. i can't figure out why i am throwing oil out my exhaust. it doesn't smoke and its throwing a good bit of oil out... i mean not burned oil. any suggestions on why this is happening ?? or where this could be coming from.. there is no oil on the ground where i park or any leakage that i can see. please help.

Originally posted by Devergote
    A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

If your car is untuned its a good chance it could be unburned gas coming out...

Comment

You sure its oil not water mixed with carbon which can be black also?

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah .. you could say its untuned because i am just running a pt6 with my F22b dohc. but it doesn't smell like oil.
        here are some pics of what it looks like or what happens when you follow me

this is Slicks front bumper after following me for about an hour down the interstate. him and trickedaccord says its oil !!

A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

looks like oil to me. Hows your compression and such in your motor?

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

hmmm.. haven't checked that yet.. but damn it runs like a champ.. i mean i am pulling hard on H22s !! i have a little bogging on take off in 1st gear but i think that has to do with the ecu. i will check compression tomorrow then. any more ideas ??

Comment

Something could be letting an access amount of oil out when your running in the higher rpm. That sometimes happens on vtec motors but usually it burns off. Mine did it for a while before it went away BUT there was also another thing I had specs like that on my rear bumper. I looked underneath my car and my transmission/block rear main was leaking. It also happened again when i swapped trans but that was a simple fix.

EDIT: the logical reasoning for this is that its leaking and when driving it pushes oil toward the back of the car. Because of the aerodynamics of the car thats where it goes. Just thought I would add that. So if its pulling like a champ then shouldnt worry about engine. Anyway you would notice oil consumption issues.
              Last edited by NAiL05; 10-28-2007, 09:41 PM.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Wow. Time for a Compression test.

Comment

ok.. replaced all seals when i did the swap...i will jack the car up and see if i can see any oil underneath too..

the real thing that is pissing me off is that i have done dozens of swaps for other ppl and they go fairly smooth but now when i get ready to do mine.. which a real basic swap.. shit just keeps happening. ... i mean i have put h22's in almost everything and no problem.. have done B18 swaps and all that but my swap has given me the BIGGEST problem so far.

Comment

Well I would look for leaks mainly underneath the car you should find it. I found a trail down my exhaust pipe lol (outside of it that is) and a wet trans.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

You much be losing like a quart a day

Comment

dosent vtec burn oil. I thought that was supposed to happen

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                          dosent vtec burn oil. I thought that was supposed to happen
                          key word is burn not leak or drip out the tail pipe. Mine doesnt anymore. My oil level is always constant.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                          X