radiator cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

radiator cap

1. how is it so that a radiator cap help increase boiling point.. and when they say boiling point do they mean temperature?

2. okay the radiator cap have a certain amount of pressure and has a valve.. if its not sealing or the valve doesn't work what happens? car overheats because its not building up enough pressure to flow the coolant thru to cool down the block?

3. what happens if the waterpump builds up pressure more than what the rad cap can withstand..
    http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

increasing pressure raises the boiling point of water. just as decreasing the pressure lowers the boiling point. you can actually boil water at room temperature with low enough pressure. the radiator cap just regulates the water pressure. when there is too much water pressure the water pushes the valve open and flows into the overflow container until the correct pressure is obtained.
    spin city

Comment

ok so why is it if u take the cap off it lowers the boil point.. but makes it boil over and burst out if u don't carefully take cap off?
      http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Comment

Originally posted by soon2bdropped
        ok so why is it if u take the cap off it lowers the boil point.. but makes it boil over and burst out if u don't carefully take cap off?
        because there is still pressure. and when there is pressure things need to be pushed where there's less pressure
        -:¦:-
        Originally posted by wed3k
        i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by soon2bdropped
          exactly, the boil point is lowered so the water boils readily at the lowered pressure and spills over.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Working...
          X