Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AEM tru time Pulleys whats your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AEM tru time Pulleys whats your thoughts?

I was thinking about getting AEM tru time pulleys done on my car. Is this set-up good? I read on Royal purple's website that they gained 3.1 hp at the wheels on a 2002 F23 accord 4 cyl. So i was thinking about doing this. Any of you had good luck with pulleys? or is it a bad idea? I need my AC in AZ and my Powersteering.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

well, it is freeing up HP but your accessories will not work as effective. the power needs to go somewhere *shrugs*
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

get and Unorthodox Racing LIGHTWEIGHT crank pulley. not underdrive, but lightweight. im in the same boat. ive actually used the crank pulley on my b series and noticed a difference. i plan on getting the accessories basically for looks. i am still doing research though.

Comment

I've been running the AEM true time pulley's all summer with absolutely no strains on my alt. AEM Alt and PS pulley's - I never did a dyno to see if there where any actual HP gains. Seems to get up in the RPM's a bit quicker. As I stated my stereo doesn't have any ill effects either and it's not a stock system. Lights don't dim nor do I seem to have any power related problems.

from me!
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I have had my AEM pulleys on my car for about 3 years now (with aftermarket stereo and sub/amp) and it doesnt seem to effect my alt or a/c at all (and I use my a/c all the time)

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

The AEM pulleys are fine with basic stuff. If you have a crazy system, then your alternator might struggle to keep up. Also, if you like to sit and blast that crazy system in a parking lot, the idle speed might not charge the battery enough. If you haul around a huge system, the minimal gains given by the pulleys won't be worth it anyway!

I have the UR underdrive crank pulley. I've had it for 3.5 years, and many many miles. Not a single problem. Others have said that it has caused problems for them, but from my experience, it's fine. The lightweight OEM size may still throw the balance off a bit. If you want to replace the crank pulley, and want to be safe... check out Fluidampr.

Comment

haha yeah i'm just trying to overcome the drag loss of having a roof rack on my car w/ a bike......you woulnd't believe how much that slows the car down at 70-80mph

member's ride thread
              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

update. i found this on Rywire.com while i was ordering some stuff for my friend. read the section about pullies. its #4

http://rywire.com/store/faqdesk_info...569cd921dd8d46

Comment

Originally posted by Vtechno
                  update. i found this on Rywire.com while i was ordering some stuff for my friend. read the section about pullies. its #4

http://rywire.com/store/faqdesk_info...569cd921dd8d46
                  they're talking about crank pulley's....i was wondering about underdrive pulley's such as ones for the PS and Alt.

member's ride thread
                  91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                    they're talking about crank pulley's....i was wondering about underdrive pulley's such as ones for the PS and Alt.
                    i dont they will much of a negative difference. the crank pulley is the main one too worry about.

Comment

PS and Alt pulleys won't cause harm in any way. Only a really crazy audio system that drains the battery faster than the underdriven alternator can handle will cause a problem.

unfortunately, the real power is found in the crank pulley.

Comment

Working...
                      X