Installed New Header.... Now Check Engine Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed New Header.... Now Check Engine Light

I just removed my old DC Sports Ceramic Header. It has a small hole by the O2 Sensor and was making a noise. I replaced it with a cheap ebay stainless header and after driving with it for the first time, my check engine light came on. Will re-setting the ECU help? Also, the new header comes very very close (a couple mm) to the AC line, will this be okay as long as it is not touching?

Thanks!

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

yes the ac line will be fine as long as its not touching. You can try resetting the ecu which should help, but try pullnig the code to see what it is. Chances are its 02 sensor related.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

OK, well, resetting the ECU did not help, as soon as motor warmed up, light came back on. Could I have ruined the O2 Sensor when replacing the header? I really dont think that I am going to worry about it.... Also, here is the pic of how close the header is from the AC line....

Comment

did you plug it back in? also the o2 sensor is fraglie, did you touch the end of it or bang it on something? later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Would I be safe ordering an O2 sensor from ebay...
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-92...spagenameZWDVW

This is the header that I got...
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93...QQcmdZViewItem

I placed the sensor where the plug is closest to the flex pipe, just like on the DC header. Does the location of the sensor have anything to do with it?

Comment

I dont believe that I touched the end, and I did make sure to plug it back in....

Will the car run OK if I keep a faulty sensor?

Comment

well first off pull the code to see if its even the 02 sensor!

2nd, the ebay one is of questionable brand and quality, sure it may work, but then in a year from now you may spend another 50 or so and have to replace it again. Make sure that the o2 sensor connection is well seated and clean. sure, you can drive with your cel light on if it is the o2 sensor, with a possible decrease in gas mileage and also if something else becomes wrong with your car, then you may not know its throwing another code.

Comment

reading your post again, it sounds like an o2 sensor. did you drop it on the ground? touching it would not do anything, unless they weer covered in grease and contaminated the actual sensor inside. If its throwing a code after it warms up, chances are it is the 02 because it is your ecu switching to open loop.

Comment

Thanks! I will get the code checked out monday....

Comment

do it yourself and save $$$

Comment

off topic but what are you doing with the DC header?
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                        off topic but what are you doing with the DC header?
                        I still have it.... If you really want I can sell it to ya, the flex pipe on the downpipe is not original, it has been replaced once already, and there is a small hole on the top half where the 4 go to 2 right before the flange. I guess if you are handy with a welder it is fix-able....
                        Last edited by thewoahna; 10-14-2007, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                          do it yourself and save $$$
                          How would I go about checking it myself? I have never checked for a code before.... I was just going to to take it to Autozone, they check it for free.

Comment

under the passenger kick panel theres a blue diagnostic port
                            stick a paperclip in it and the cel will flash
                            long flash = 10
                            short flash = 1
                            OHIO CB7'S #11
                            SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

x2

searching helps too.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=21259

Comment

Working...
                              X