Brake issue plz help asap!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake issue plz help asap!!!

what happens is when i drive the car regardless of braking or not its making a scratching/squealing noise at the front right tire....and at first if i slammed on brakes from driving it would stop but then kick up again.....i carried it to midas for a brake inspection ..they said something about rotor being glazed and the pads are new so it will cause the sound...but they are charging me 160 to resurface the rotors...after the inspection i went and checked all my rotors and noticed they had a kind of oily slick film on them but the one that was squealing did not....so is it the squealing made from lack of lubricant or do i need the resurface job....also if i need the resurface job is that price a good price plz get back to me asap...i cant drive the car much longer with that annoying noise

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
    disrespect females, acquire currency.

bump still looking or some advice..so i cud deal with it asap

what makes a man a man?

Comment

I'm sorry, but brakes and lubricants don't really go together...Well, they shouldn't anyways..

You sure your pads are new? Sounds like worn pads riding on your rotors..Can't think of anything else tho..When was the last time you replaced the brake pads?

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R
        I'm sorry, but brakes and lubricants don't really go together...Well, they shouldn't anyways..

You sure your pads are new? Sounds like worn pads riding on your rotors..Can't think of anything else tho..When was the last time you replaced the brake pads?
        well i just got the car and i look at the pads and there is meat on them they got a good ways to go before they are worn...ill get a pic of the pads and show u how it looks..but even midas said my pads are good

what makes a man a man?

Comment

Oh!!! I just remember! Check the metal retainers on the caliper! There are two of them, one above the brake pads, and one below...I believe they are there to keep the brake pads in place? Anyways, last time I put mine in the wrong way and it also made that scratching/ squealing metal-on-metal noise because it was rubbing against the rotor!

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R
            Oh!!! I just remember! Check the metal retainers on the caliper! There are two of them, one above the brake pads, and one below...I believe they are there to keep the brake pads in place? Anyways, last time I put mine in the wrong way and it also made that scratching/ squealing metal-on-metal noise because it was rubbing against the rotor!
            kk thnx man ima check that out and get back to u...if u guys have any more suggestions plz post

what makes a man a man?

Comment

the best advice is find a good mechanic and start forming a trusting relationship. not mids or any other hokey pokey shit. sounds like maybe u have a seized caliper

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                the best advice is find a good mechanic and start forming a trusting relationship. not mids or any other hokey pokey shit. sounds like maybe u have a seized caliper
                i know what u mean i need to but finding a good one is real hard

what makes a man a man?

Comment

yeah my car was doing this, i needed to rebuild the calipers. Just dont go to Just Brakes for this kinda service. They totally ripped me off, i spent 500 there to get them rebuilt and they still didn't discover that my rear discs weren't working, then i spent another 500 and finally got it fixed. I'm never going there again. Ask your friends of a good mechanic would be my bet. Finding an honest one is the key.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                    yeah my car was doing this, i needed to rebuild the calipers. Just dont go to Just Brakes for this kinda service. They totally ripped me off, i spent 500 there to get them rebuilt and they still didn't discover that my rear discs weren't working, then i spent another 500 and finally got it fixed. I'm never going there again. Ask your friends of a good mechanic would be my bet. Finding an honest one is the key.
                    aight man thnx alot for the help

what makes a man a man?

Comment

Originally posted by Juice21
                      i know what u mean i need to but finding a good one is real hard
                      move back to orlando Bro ,i got two personal Mechanic
                      i can let you borrow one

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

Originally posted by MR.PHIL
                        move back to orlando Bro ,i got two personal Mechanic
                        i can let you borrow one
                        dude if u are serious let me know ill come to orlando early this weekend to let them check it out

what makes a man a man?

Comment

fixed the prob it was the safty pin duh....telling me my pads are getting low...but what puzzled me is that i still had some but not alot of meat

what makes a man a man?

Comment

Working...
                          X