Lights dimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lights dimming

I redid most of my ground wires, and all my coroded power wires, as well as the main ground line. and still my car seems to have a lack of power (all the lights dim if i put my turning signal on, or if i have my sub on.. like its more then usuall, even if i just tap the gas, i can see a significant drain in power... other then my alternator/battery being replaced, what else could i try?
    90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
    2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

definitly alternator and battery a good check....

id actually check the voltage to see how much its dropping....cause just lights dimming isnt enough sometimes.....
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Yeah, im getting an alternator rebuilt with custom brushes, regulator, and one other custom peice in it (controls how much output the alternator gives) by a local shop, they said its 85 for the rebuilt, and 20 for the parts.. not too bad if you ask me. im also looking into other options though...

Comment

i'd check battery power with volt meter ... and are lights dimming once u hit ur brakes?
        -:¦:-
        Originally posted by wed3k
        i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Surprisingly, not when i hit my brakes, but when i put my turn signal on, or use an accessory.. so yeah, im kinda confused atm.

Comment

Don't forget about the electic load detector. That can go bad. In newer accords (98+ 4cyl especially) the ELD is slow to react letting the lights dim and such. Unfortunately there isn't really a fix for it except for replacing the fuse box.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN
              i'd check battery power with volt meter ... and are lights dimming once u hit ur brakes?
              i get that problem when hitting breaks. or use an accessory.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Originally posted by Alex13mod
                i get that problem when hitting breaks. or use an accessory.
                battery might be loosing it's charge.. cells are dying
                -:¦:-
                Originally posted by wed3k
                i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Working...
                X