vehicle emissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vehicle emissions

i was wondering if anyone knows how strict the emissions test is for maryland. also do you have any suggestions on what i should do to prepare such as oil change ect.
    R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
    My members ride page
    Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Well basic tune up, new sparks plug, wires, distributor and rotor, run some fuel injected cleaner. Make sure u catalytic converter and that O2 sensor is working. That should be enough
    U silly rabbit don't u know tricks are made for kidz, You without me is like corn flakes without the milk! This my world, you just a squirrel trying to get a nut!!

Comment

Depending on how many miles are on it, and what you've done fairly recently, you may not need anything. I know my car passed New York emissions with no probs and no work, and that's one of the toughest tests in the country.
      1 3 5
      |-|-|
      2 4 R

[ [ - ] ] ( ( ) ) [ [ \ ] ] [ [ ) ) / / - \ \

Comment

fuel injector cleaner a week or so before, and the day before, fill up on the highest octane gas you can find and take it on a nice high speed highway run before you go for the test
        MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
        i pulled over and looked under the hood.
        the engine was still there...
        ...silly light!

Comment

okay so i failed my emissions test. after the test i changed my spark plugs, oil, check the cap and rotor (both looked fine) and used some fuel injector cleaner. I couldnt find a new air filter but im gonna go check the dealer tomorrow. Is there anything else i should do? Should i change the fuel filter?
          R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
          My members ride page

Comment

Okay i retested after changing my air-filter, spark plugs, oil, and i ran injector clean and high octane gas. After all that i got worse results than the first time! Im failling the NOx and HC parts of the test. Yes i did warm my car up first. Any suggestions?
            R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
            My members ride page

Comment

hc is distribitior cap and rotor

nox is egr ports....

maybe u just need a new cat...
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
              X