Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

www.jdmtigerjapanese.com ANYONE DEALT WITH THESE PEOPLE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The actual name is just www.tigerjapanese.com.

There have been other threads here about them too.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=115184&page=1

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
        With a name like that, it sounds like a scam place. Probably related to or affiliated with www.osakajdmmotors.com

If you live in the US, DO NOT BUY A MOTOR FROM AN IMPORTER IN CANADA!!! It'll cost WAY more than it's worth to take any action against them if you get hosed.
        its not a scam its the real deal.

and they just changed their name to jdmtigerjapanese.com

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Why the name change? Always makes me nervous when companies change names...

www.tigerjapanese.com goes to http://www.acura-parts.net/main/
          www.jdmtigerjapanese.com is a totally different site, but as you say, appears to be the same company.

Sounds shady to me. If I lived in Canada, I might trust it. In the US, not a chance.

Comment

yeah definately not worth buying used parts of that value cross border

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I communicated with OsakaJDMmotors back when I was shopping for my swap, and they struck me as being VERY shady. They seem to push sales to the US more than anything... Probably because shipping to the US from Canada isn't too difficult, but any legal action is very difficult, seeing as it's international. It's not worth fighting an international legal battle over even a $3000 engine. You can whine, you can make demands, but in the end, you won't recover your losses. They know this. They also probably sell the good engines to Canadians, who CAN take action much more easily... therefore building a good reputation.

There are plenty of quality US-based engine importers to deal with (some of which are actually resellers for the crappy companies in Canada... those usually disappear before any major problems arise... no more company, nobody to sue!)

www.hmotorsonline.com is still my importer of choice. I always said I would get my next motor from them. Of course, my next motor is coming from my own basement And peego, and acclude91, and DhN/bruno, and whoever else I get parts from! (I'm building it)

Comment

this is where i plan on getting my swap from when i do it next spring.

i'll be picking it up myself. and i heard they even do the compression test right in front of you. so it should work out well.

plus my buddies picking up a B18C1 for his Civic hatch at the end of the week so i'll let you know how things went.
                Originally posted by deevergote.
                And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Working...
                X