Oil Filter Relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Filter Relocation

im thinking of buying a relocation kit because i live in an apt building and i dont have anywhere too change my oil, and itd keep the filter a bit cooler. its the little things that add up.

is anyone running one?

Originally posted by Vtechno
    im thinking of buying a relocation kit because i live in an apt building and i dont have anywhere too change my oil, and itd keep the filter a bit cooler. its the little things that add up.

is anyone running one?
    you still have to change your oil

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
      you still have to change your oil
      haha, yeah. but i mean i dont have a place too jack my car up. i figured a relocation kit would allow me too do it from up top.

Comment

Doesn't Greddy make one, check out inline four and ebay.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Yeah if u find one let me know i want one i saw one in a EG hach in honda tunnig it look nice
          PETRA tow montebello

Comment

not busting on you man but you still got to jack it up to drain the oil pan

Comment

Originally posted by spray_bombed
              not busting on you man but you still got to jack it up to drain the oil pan
              i use ramps. im small enough too get under there without jacking it up, but ramps make it easier.

Comment

http://www.tdperformance.com/pdfs/23...rationsec2.pdf

prelude and accord kits are the same. i still use it when i swap the h22 in there.

i think 2 filters is overkill.
                Last edited by Vtechno; 10-04-2007, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtechno
                  http://www.tdperformance.com/pdfs/23...rationsec2.pdf

prelude and accord kits are the same. i still use it when i swap the h22 in there.

i think 2 filters is overkill.
                  actually....2 filters will provide very clean and minimal debris oil

nothing is wrong with running 2 oil filters....just like nothing is wrong with running 2 fuel filters!
                  92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                  My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

i run k&n filters and they are expensive. BUT if you were running 2 filters....theoretically youre filters could last twice as long.....am i wrong too assume this?

Comment

In theory your filters would probably last, but your oil might not. If the oil stays cleaner you might be able to go 5k miles or so.

And why are you using K&N oil filters? Its not like they're washable and reusable. I hear great things about Wix Oil Filters, but personally I use Bosch.

Comment

only problem with more filters is more resistant. two wouldnt be a problem. and remember its not that they last twice as long. the first one is line is gunna get the same amount of wear and tear that a normal one would. and you still have to change your oil pretty frequently, oil has additives in it, whichare the real benefit besides lubrication. I personally change every 3k on the dot, but 5k isnt unreasonabe.

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

Fram also offers something for your oil drain plug. i can drain my oil without any tools but i still need to get under the car for the filter
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

You would not have to get under there if you had this:
                            http://www.skymall.com/shopping/deta...152387&c=10130
                            Gary A.K.A. Carter
                            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

IF your small enough why dont you just pop it on the curb? Thats what we did with my friends stang lol. Anyway you should be able to use a factory jack to hoist it up that what I did when I lived at my Apts. Its really not hard and I aint that small either. Also the Universal GReddy kit uses an ae86 filter. So thats another hassle if anyone wants to use that one.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X