Fuel cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel cooler

the cooler liquids are, the more dense they are. my theory is the same concept of a cold air intake. if i can keep the fuel cool.....is it possible for more power? Or will i just be wasting fuel? i know its best too fill up at a gas station in the late night/ early early morning because thats when the gas is the coolest/dense and you get "more for your money".

what do you guys think?

I don't know much about it, but I think thats what nitrous oxide does.

Dude put a refrigerated fuel cell in your back seat!!! lol

Comment

that is no what nitrous does.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtechno
        the cooler liquids are, the more dense they are. my theory is the same concept of a cold air intake. if i can keep the fuel cool.....is it possible for more power? Or will i just be wasting fuel? i know its best too fill up at a gas station in the late night/ early early morning because thats when the gas is the coolest/dense and you get "more for your money".

what do you guys think?
        not true, the fuel is stored 10 feet underground in large tanks. the outside air temperature isn't going to change the fuel temp in a noticeable amount. urban legend dude. and no it won't make a difference. I suppose theroetically it could, but gains would be so small it wouldn't matter.

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

nitrous cools the motor when sprayed but they offer bottle heaters for them *shrugs*
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I think it excites the molecules and makes them more efficient somehow?

Wheres cpMike when ya need him?

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
              I think it excites the molecules and makes them more efficient somehow?

Wheres cpMike when ya need him?
              more of a consistent pressure?

same happens when you heat up aerosol cans, they'll spray harder and more fine.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Yep heating up pressurized bottles will increase pressure faster and it will be more consistent as already mentioned. Thats why you see some people use torches to heat up there nitrous bottles to get the proper bottle pressure lol.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

so a "no go" on a fuel cooler? heat wrapping my fuel lines would prolly work just as well huh?

Comment

If it were me, I'd start with normal mods, intake/header/exhaust, at least before I would even think about something like that. Then a port/polish, so forth, so on. If it could even be done it would be at the BOTTOM of my list.

Comment

i understand what your saying, but i set my cars up a bit different. i like this car, cause its givie me a whole new platform of "problems" too work with. i havent had a car with this much heat under the hood. reason for my question about the fuel cooler, is because im doing an experiment and it pretains too it.

ive wanted too know about this for a few years now, just never had any heat issues, therefore, no reason too worry about it. im modding the things that can be used on the h22. im going too the bank in a few hours for a loan.

ive built 2 complete cars from the ground up and this is my fav so far. hits all my started threads in the past 2 weeks or so.

i know my friend is runnin one on his viper, but never remember too ask him.

Comment

morosso makes a fuel cooler, it gets plumbed in right after the fuel filter as close to the fuel rail as possible. Normally it just sits there doing nothing, but at the track we through some dry ice in their and see marginal gains. It is one of those things that might be worth doing after doing alot of other things first. If you are looking for fuel economy you can always try those magnet things from harbor freight.

Comment

Nitrous is usually stored in a liquid form, so it's typically cold. Spray it on an intercooler, and VOILA! Way more chilled intake air than from air that comes in through your grille and flows over the intercooler for you turbo guys.

When injected into the intake stream, nitrous makes the fuel/air mixture more dense and adds oxygen, allowing more fuel to be added, equaling more power.
                          ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                          '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                          Short ram intake
                          Tenrai Himoto catback
                          Smashed front end
                          Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Working...
                          X