tranny wont shift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tranny wont shift

could that be the cause of me removing the ps pump? i know there are ps lines connected to the manual tranny. can anyone help me out?
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

auto or 5spd

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

since when are there power steering lines connected to the manual tranny?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
        Since forever. The PS speed sensor on the back of the trannie...

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
          since honda designed the cb7
          miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Originally posted by MR.PHIL
            auto or 5spd
            auto
            miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
              auto
              Is the shifter stuck in gear or can you move the shifter but the tranny just doesnt respond? Later

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
                Is the shifter stuck in gear or can you move the shifter but the tranny just doesnt respond? Later
                shifters good a and i checked everything on the tranny and everythings hooked up. its just when im driving down the road it d4 it sits in 1st gear. i could manual shift it. could it be because i have a somewhat majoir vacuum leak?
                miss my turbo cb7

Comment

shifters good a and i checked everything on the tranny and everythings hooked up. its just when im driving down the road it d4 it sits in 1st gear. i could manual shift it. could it be because i have a somewhat majoir vacuum leak?
                  Three possible problem I'll list them from cheapest fix to expensive fix.
                  1. Solenoids are bad, replace them.

2. TCM is bad

3. Tranny is bad.

That happened to me and I changed the whole tranny, so I'm not sure if it was the solenoids.
                  MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
                  If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rudy1980
                    Three possible problem I'll list them from cheapest fix to expensive fix.
                    1. Solenoids are bad, replace them.

2. TCM is bad

3. Tranny is bad.

That happened to me and I changed the whole tranny, so I'm not sure if it was the solenoids.
                    but i didnt change the tranny. i didnt even touch it. i replaced the head and intake mani to a f22a6 rebuild head and ported and polished a6 intake mani.
                    miss my turbo cb7

Comment

^^^ I mean it happened, then I changed the tranny

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Have you bothered lookin at the TCU. There is a common problem where some resistors burn out in that thing or something. You cant pull a code out of it? Should be able to if its an auto.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                          Have you bothered lookin at the TCU. There is a common problem where some resistors burn out in that thing or something. You cant pull a code out of it? Should be able to if its an auto.

no codes, only tps is comming up.
                          miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Thats a major code, could have put your car in limp mode. Clear the code and see what happens.

Comment

that...can cause some serious problems.....could cause a decline in fuel mileage....because the TPS is sending the ECU the wrong reading. ( running rich ...Irratic idling/surging..stumbling )

check the resistance ( continuity ) of the TPS.

if its bad...change it...

ON THE TRANNY NOTE..

its already been stated:

in order..

* Shift Solenoids
                              * TCU
                              * Transmission

Im having a similar problem as we speak with my 92 EX auto...I have to manually shift..because the D4 light in on ( constantly lit )..and taking off in D4 is like waiting for a snail to cross the street. :

RPMs ...what are the RPMs doing?

if they're raising faster than the car is picking up "speedometer" ...( torque converter or Tranny fluid or both ) is bad

EXAMPLE...you have it in D4...and its at 20mph..but the RPMs are showing 4500-5200...( BAD TORQUE CONVERTER or TRANSMISSION FLUID or both )

if they're not...and its picking up SLOWLY.. either or...or all together ( TCU...Shift Solenoids...VSS...tranny gears stripped )

so welcome aboard...Im having similar issues too!
                              92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                              My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Working...
                              X