Would a bad o2 sensor cause hesitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would a bad o2 sensor cause hesitation

I get hesitation from 2000-2500rpm. And if I rev from idle I get hesitation right away. I have no cels but I have a feeling I have a bad o2 sensor anyways.. Its almost completely rusted away. So can o2 sensors cause the issues and is it common for an o2 sensor to fail and not throw a code.

h22a p13

yes it can cause hesitation and poop gas mileage. yes a O2 sensor can be/going bad and not throw a code. how many miles since it was replaced?
    F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
    Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
      I get hesitation from 2000-2500rpm. And if I rev from idle I get hesitation right away. I have no cels but I have a feeling I have a bad o2 sensor anyways.. Its almost completely rusted away. So can o2 sensors cause the issues and is it common for an o2 sensor to fail and not throw a code.

h22a p13
      sounds like a knock sensor issue if you have an h22a with a p13.

the knock sensors are NOTORIOUS for hesitation below 5500rpm, and a lot of times, you'll notice it being smoother after vtec engages.

i had this issue and it turned out to be my knock sensor but after i put in a chipped p28, it was fine since that ecu doesn't use the knock sensor anyway.

it could be other things, but a LOT of h22a's with hesitation problems have knock sensor problems. the ecu is simply retarding the timing. they're oversensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
        sounds like a knock sensor issue if you have an h22a with a p13.

the knock sensors are NOTORIOUS for hesitation below 5500rpm, and a lot of times, you'll notice it being smoother after vtec engages.

i had this issue and it turned out to be my knock sensor but after i put in a chipped p28, it was fine since that ecu doesn't use the knock sensor anyway.

it could be other things, but a LOT of h22a's with hesitation problems have knock sensor problems. the ecu is simply retarding the timing. they're oversensitive.
        no way to test that correct? just have to replace the system

Comment

Working...
        X